Chapter Twelve

DH: WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

OW: Here's your Christmas present from us; an early update!

DH: Woo! And voting in the Yugioh Watty Awards is nearly over so we would really appreciate it if some of you could head over to their voting book and leave a vote for TBITA in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Yaoi Shipping section!

OW: If you don't that's perfectly fine and thanks anyway.

DH: Hope you enjoy! 

OW: We own nothing!

-DDLDHoW-

"Okay, so continue the monologue," Tristan said. "My purse, my person..."

"...Are stupid for being part of this play," Joey groaned, burying his head in his arms.

Tristan rolled his eyes. "Joey, you're being ridiculous. The Merchant of Venice isn't that hard to learn."

"Tell that to the 'belov'd' text," Joey mumbled. "I can't understand it! Why couldn't they make it more modern?"

"Because it's school and they want to teach us how to understand it," Ryou replied, taking the book from Tristan. "Besides, it's not as difficult as you're making it seem. What do you think it means? Be assured, my purse, my person, my extremist means lie all unlocked to your occasions?"

Most of their friends were watching. Joey noticed that the tapping of keys had silenced and glanced at Seto to see his boyfriend watching him.

His face heated up. "Um... Antonio's willing to do anything to help Bassanio?"

Ryou smiled. "See? You do know it."

Joey shrugged, fidgeting. "I guess."

Ryou handed him the book. "Now you just need to learn it before the next class."

Joey scowled at him. "Very helpful."

Ryou shrugged, still smiling. "I try."

Joey rolled his eyes before opening the book. Anzu sighed and looked at Yugi. "Think he'll manage it?" He didn't reply. Anzu frowned and waved a hand in front of his face. "Yugi?"

He jumped and looked up at her. "Sorry, what?"

"I... asked if you thought Joey could learn the lines for the test," Anzu replied.

Her gaze trailed to a bruise on his cheek and her eyes widened.

She gripped his chin and turned his head so that she could see it better.

"Ow!" Yugi frowned at her.

"Sorry..." She loosened her grip a bit. "But where did you get that bruise, Yugi?"

Yugi didn't meet her gaze. "Nowhere..."

"Yugi..." She pursed her lips. "Tell me."

"Really; nowhere." Yugi pulled away from her. "I tripped on my way home last night and bruised my face. It's no big deal."

"Yugi, that doesn't look-"

"Malik," Yugi called, cutting Anzu off.

Anzu frowned at him. "We're talking about this later," she hissed, but she was ignored.

Malik glanced over at Yugi. His usual salad had gone untouched. Again. "Yeah?"

"Are you any closer to getting the new uniform?" Yugi asked.