Chapter Nine

DH: Hey guys!

OW: We're nearing the escape!

DH: At last!

OW: Hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

DH: We had to change the rating on this story.

OW: Trigger warning; there is implied rape in this chapter so if you don't want to read it, just skip a bit ahead when it comes to it.

DH: Sorry if anything so far in the story has affected any of you readers.

OW: We own nothing.

-DDLDHoW-

Ring. Ring.

Marik groaned and opened his eyes.

Ring. Ring.

"Turn off the bloody alarm clock," Bakura muttered.

Ring. It stopped.

Marik closed his eyes again. Ring. Ring.

His eyes flashed open again. "Who turned the alarm clock on again?"

Yami buried his head under his pillow. "Not me," he muttered, though it sounded more like 'muff muh'.

"It's too far away from me," Bakura muttered.

Marik frowned and sat up, looking at the alarm clock. It was off, but the ringing continued.

His eyes widened and he kicked off the blankets, grabbing his phone off the couch and answering the call in order to silence the noise. "Hello?"

"Hey, is this Marik?"

Marik frowned. "Yeah. Who's this?"

"You don't know?" The pout was almost tangible in his voice. "But I baked you a pie..."

Marik grinned. "What flavour?"

"Pie flavour!"

"Malik."

"The one and only." Malik paused and Marik could hear someone telling him something in the background. "Yes, I know. I'm getting to the point now, Ryou," Malik replied, his voice sounding further away. Then he returned. "Yugi has an idea that might get you out of there."

Marik's eyes widened. "Really?" He kept his voice quiet.

"Really," Malik confirmed. "We're going to come over once your dad and whoever's with him leave. We've got mini cameras that you can clip onto your shirt or something and they're really hard to see, and we've got our computers hooked up to them so if either of them try anything, we can send the footage to the police and they can be there within five minutes."

Marik scowled. "The police? They won't be able to do anything!"

"What about the police?" Bakura sat up.

"Marik, calm down," Malik said, half cutting Bakura off.

"They couldn't help us last time," Marik protested. "It was because of them that Atem and Heba died!"

Yami and Bakura were both awake now, watching as Marik's rage grew.

Malik was silent for a moment. "That was because they didn't have proof that anything was going on," he eventually said. "This time they'll have no choice but to go immediately."

"But what if they think it's a prank?" Marik protested.

"Then we'll come in ourselves."

"No." Marik shook his head. "That's exactly what happened last time. You're not getting hurt."