Chapter Eleven

DH: Hey guys!

OW: We're back!

DH: Just wanted to say, well done for a user on AO3 for figuring the pattern out!

OW: You see, the torture with the Sennen brothers wasn't random.

DH: The main base was mental for Bakura, physical for Marik and invasive for Yami.

OW: We figured that those would be the types they'd hate the most.

DH: And someone got that!

OW: Also, for anyone who thinks Yami wasn't effected enough by the rape, don't worry. That's happening.

DH: Yugi's dark side is coming up soon as well!

OW: Hope you enjoy! We own nothing!

-DDLDHoW-

Malik sat on his bed, his body tense. He didn't want this. Not again. He couldn't go through it again.

Every year it was the same thing, over and over again. He didn't want this. Not anymore.

He clenched his fists, gripping the sides of his bed. His knuckles turned as pale as Ryou.

His back itched and burned, but he wasn't allowed take off the ceremonial robe yet. And anyway, it wouldn't help.

The bandages bound tightly around his chest kept a salve on his back that was meant to make sure his back wouldn't be infected.

All he could do now was wait.

And he knew that he didn't have much longer to do that.

He looked around his room. It was bare. The walls and floor were painted a muddy brown; he didn't have a carpet or anything.

The furniture was at a bare minimum; he had his bed, and a small wooden chair that he had long grown too big for.

He closed his eyes. He always did this. Looked around his room before the ceremony.

Imagined what it would be like if he was part of a different family.

Maybe purple walls. A nice wooden floor.

A comfortable bed, a bookshelf. A wardrobe of clothes that he felt comfortable in. Maybe his family would even let him put up posters, or fight for him to wear the girl's uniform at school.

His eyes flashed open. Nope. No, no, no, no.

He couldn't think of things like that.

No. He needed to be a true Callian. At least for today.

He closed his eyes again and went over the morals in his head, as he was supposed to.

One. Do not question Alumuna's judgement. She knows all.

Two. We must prepare for the return of the Pharaoh.

Three. The first born sons will be the ones to carry on tradition.

Four. The ancient religious scriptures are to be carved into the back of every member of the household.

Five. The annual rituals are to be willingly executed on the first born son each year during a full moon.

Six. The body you are born in is the body that Alumuna gave you. Stay in it. Be comfortable. It is what you were given.

Seven. Gender is no boundary with love, but reproduction is necessary. Each household must have at least one child.