Chapter Seven

DH: Hey guys!

OW: We're back again with a new chapter.

DH: It's over 4, 000 words so we really hope you guys like it.

OW: We added the start of a relationship to this one to try and lighten the mood.

DH: Though it was brought around in a dark way...

OW: Anyway, hope you enjoy. Thanks so much to heartofthecards for the great new cover!

DH: This chapter is dedicated to her for making it for us!

OW: And we're really sorry for not updating.

DH: We were in Thailand and can never think enough to make a chapter for an ongoing story while we're over there.

OW: We own nothing!

-DDLDHoW-

Yugi watched as Ryou took the key out of his pocket and stared at the front door. He put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "We can do this tomorrow if you want..."

Ryou swallowed and shook his head. "If I don't do it now, I'll just keep putting it off. I don't want to be a burden on you and your grandfather."

"You're not a burden," Yugi protested.

Still, Ryou shook his head. He took a deep breath and inserted the key into the door, turning it. It didn't do anything. The door was already unlocked.

They shared a look before Ryou pushed the door open. The house was silent. The scent of alcohol was heavy in the air and there were several glasses and lamps smashed on the floor that no one had bothered to clean up.

A pair of boxers lay on the floor that were far too big to be Ryou's and one of his bookshelves had fallen to the ground.

Ryou took a few steps into the house, careful not to step on the broken glass or porcelain. "Hello?" His call was met by silence. "I'm home..." Again, silence.

"Looks like she's gone," Yugi mumbled, looking around.

Ryou shook his head. "She could be upstairs..." He walked upstairs with Yugi following. Everything upstairs was a mess. The shower head was broken and the toilet was blocked. The majority of Ryou's things had been broken and half of his books were ripped apart. His bed was still in one piece, but it was covered in a white substance.

Yugi didn't want to know what that was. Ryou cringed in disgust and closed the door. "I'll clean it up later..."

The guest room had been locked, as it always was when no one was staying in it. Akane either hadn't found where the spare key was or she wasn't bothered enough to wreck it, for when they opened the door, the room was just as it had been when Ryou had left.

Ryou looked at the final door. His parents' room. He took a deep breath and pushed open the door. The floor was littered with used syringes and empty bottles, both from pills and alcohol.

The bed was unmade, but empty. Yugi smiled feebly. "She's gone."

Ryou nodded in agreement and returned the smile. "Yeah." He closed the door again and looked at the hall. "I guess I'd better clean up... Thanks for all your help, Yugi."

Yugi shook his head. "I'm not going anywhere. Remember; I said I'd spend the night if she was gone. I'll help you clean up."

Ryou hesitated and looked at him. "Are you sure?"

Yugi smiled and nodded. "Of course. It's the least I can do to thank you for helping out at the game shop." Ryou began to protest but Yugi cut him off. "Let's just clean your house up, okay? We can call Malik too and see if he can come over to watch a film."