Chapter Thirteen

DH: Hey guys!

OW: Thanks so much for 5+ K views, 400+ votes and 300+ comments!

DH: We really appreciate it.

OW: Now to warn you that the chapters will be darker from here on out.

DH: Hope you don't mind!

OW: And thanks so much for all of your votes in the 2015 Yugioh Watty Awards!

DH: We own nothing.

OW: Hope you enjoy!

-DDLDHoW-

"M-Mom," Ryou choked out, his face pale. He gripped Bakura's hand tightly.

"Ryou." Akane scowled.

Bakura rolled his eyes. "And Bakura. Now we're all acquainted except for him." He nodded at the man that Akane was clinging to.

He smirked, his dark brown eyes glinting. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Yes, I would." Bakura's eyes narrowed.

"His-H-His name's T-Takato," Ryou stammered. Bakura glanced at the younger boy, but his look was ignored. "Mom, wh-what are you doing back here?"

Akane laughed. It was a shrill, cackling sound. "Ryou, this is my house too, y'know. I can come back any time I want to."

"But... you never come back..." Ryou's voice was no louder than a whisper, but Akane still heard it.

"Well this time I did." She scowled at them. "Now I think it's about time that you two leave."

Ryou jumped up, looking like nothing would please him more.

Takato, on the other hand, chuckled. "Hang on, Aka. Maybe they could stay."

Both Akane and Ryou shot him a look. "What?"

Takato turned to Akane. "There's that kink you've got that you never got to try."

A sickly smirk crept onto Akane's face. "You make a good point." She looked at Ryou. "Ryou, out. Your friend can stay."

"I'm not staying unless Ryou stays," Bakura hissed, standing next to Ryou.

Unfortunately, his statement came across the wrong way.

"What a fantastic idea," Takato said. "Both of you can join."

He took a step towards them but Bakura pushed Ryou behind him. "Stay away from him."

Takato chuckled. "You're the one that wanted him to stay."

"That's not what I meant and you know it!" Bakura snarled.

Akane raised an eyebrow. "Snarky, isn't he?"

Takato nodded, still smirking. Bakura narrowed his eyes and glanced at the door. Takato stood in the way of it, and Akane would be sure to catch them if they tried to run that way.

He grabbed Ryou's hand. Backdoor? He spelled out on Ryou's palm with his thumb.

There was a pause before Ryou nodded. Kitchen, he spelled out on Bakura's hand.

Takato took the nod as a sign that they were agreeing to his suggestion. "Good boys."

He took a step towards them. The two boys bolted for the kitchen.

Takato laughed and chased after them. "It's pointless."

"Oh go fuck yourself," Bakura yelled over his shoulder.