Chapter Ten

DH: Hey guys!

OW: Welcome to the tenth chapter, and the end of the first arc!

DH: There's only going to be two arcs in this story.

OW: Hope you enjoy. We own nothing!

-DDLDHoW-

A tense silence filled the air. "Well?" Aknamkanon raised an eyebrow. "I haven't got all day." He pressed the blade closer to Bakura's throat. "And as you can see, neither does he."

"Release the boy now," an officer called as several guns were pointed at Aknamkanon.

"Ooh, scary." Aknamkanon smirked. "But you see, if you fire, I'll just use him as a shield and bang, bang, he's dead."

"What do you want?" Ryou asked, stepping forward.

Bakura looked over at him and opened his mouth, but Aknamkanon pressed the knife harder against his throat. A thin line of blood trickled down the albino's neck.

Aknamkanon looked between Ryou and Bakura, his smirk growing. "This." He pulled a gun out of his pocket and aimed it at Ryou.

"Ryou, move!" Ryou felt a weight barrel into him from the side and heard the gun go off. It was the loudest sound he had ever heard.

He heard the second loudest sound a second later when whoever had saved him yelled in pain.

Ryou hit the ground with a thud and staggered to his feet, turning to see who had been stupid enough to save him. His face paled.

"Malik!"

He ran over to the platinum blonde and crouched down beside him.

Malik was gripping his chest in pain.

"Get the medics over here!" He heard an officer roar.

"Malik, let me see it," Ryou murmured. Malik's teeth were clenched and his eyes were squeezed shut. He shook his head. "Please, Mal, work with me." He gently peeled Malik's hand away from the wound.

Blood dripped onto the snow beneath them, staining it a vibrant red. Ryou gulped but looked at the wound.

As far as he could tell, it wouldn't be fatal. It wasn't close enough to Malik's heart to endanger his life. But it probably punctured a lung.

"Here; use this!"

He looked up to see Yugi holding out his jacket. Ryou smiled and nodded, taking the jacket and tying it around Malik's chest as a makeshift bandage.

"Keep an eye on him," he mumbled to Yugi, who nodded.

He tried to stand up, but stopped, feeling Malik's hand grip his. He turned to his tanned friend.

Malik smiled feebly. "Kick his ass for me."

Ryou returned the smile and nodded before turning back to Aknamkanon.

Aknamkanon raised an eyebrow as Ryou began walking towards him. "Oh? What's this? Does the bunny want to fight?"

"No. That would be ridiculous," Ryou laughed. It was a chilling sound, unlike his usual cheery giggle. "I want to make a deal with you."

"What kind of deal?"

"Play a game against Yugi. If you win, you get to keep Bakura, Marik and Yami. If you lose, you have to let them go."

Everyone's eyes widened. Bakura glared at Ryou as though to say 'this had better work'.

Aknamkanon narrowed his eyes, as though thinking about the situation. "Deal. Bring him over. I'll challenge him to a game of Duel Monsters."