Chapter Sixteen

DD: Hey guys! I'm so, so sorry you had to wait a month and eight days for the newest chapter. I hit writer's block and I was working on a bunch of video projects for different competitions that all end around the same day. I'll post the links to them once the competitions end. But anyway, I'm sorry and I'm going to be starting the FINAL VERY LAST NO SEQUELS COMING chapter today. That's right. We're at the end. Enjoy the chapter guys!

-DDLDHoW-

The three were silent.

Marik was curled up in a corner with bleeding knuckles from hammering on the door and trying to break the table with his bare hands.

Bakura was walking around the room, kicking the wall in random places in the hopes of finding a hidden door.

Yami was just staring at the main door.

It had been twenty minutes. Aknadin wouldn't wait much longer; he was never a very patient person.

Sure enough, the door swung open after a few more minutes. They had to look away as light blinded them for a moment. Bakura was the first to be able to brave the sight of the fire.

His gaze found Aknadin. And then the shock of white hair clenched in Aknadin's hand. His heart sank as he followed the hair to Ryou's face. "Ryou..."

Aknadin smirked at him. "Follow me."

Bakura glared up at him. "Let him go."

"Alright." Aknadin pushed him forward. Ryou stumbled and they heard the scrape of a tile being pushed down.

Marik's eyes widened. "Move!" He boomed. Ryou fell back in time to avoid an axe falling on his head. He let out a cry of pain as Aknadin yanked him up by his hair again.

"I know every trap in these tombs," Aknadin chuckled. "Now, if you don't follow, I'll gladly lead Ryou outside. But who's to say he won't trip something on the way out?"

"Bastard," Bakura growled, his hands balling into fists.

Aknadin's smirk grew and he turned away, leading Ryou by his hair. "Let's go."

Bakura stayed where he was. But only until Aknadin tightened his hold on Ryou's hair and the small boy whimpered.

Then Bakura was pretty fast about following him out of the room. Once Bakura was out, Aknadin closed the door and bolted it shut again.

Bakura reached out to try and take Ryou's hand, but Aknadin yanked him away before he could, giving Bakura no choice but to follow.

None of them could focus on the inscribed walls; they had to use the torchlight to make sure they didn't trip any wires or land on false tiles.

Aknadin didn't seem to have much of a problem with it, but Ryou and Bakura had to pay close attention.

Before long, they reached a large metal door with a slot. Aknadin pulled it open and looked at Bakura. "Inside," he commanded. "Now."

Bakura took a glance at Ryou before obliging. Rather than following him in, Aknadin shut the door and opened the slot so Bakura could see out into the hall.

"Watch closely, Bakura." He attached the torch to the wall. "And learn from your mistakes."

He turned to Ryou and slammed him against the wall.

Ryou let out a cry of pain as a hand wrapped around his throat.

"You're the one that challenged my brother," Aknadin said, slowly tightening his grip, "aren't you?" He snorted as Ryou scratched at his hand. "Where's your card games now?"