Part 4: Meet Cute

August 4, 2000

Stars Hollow

"Welcome to Weston's Wonderland Delights." Lilith said as the door's bell rang, putting the finishing touches on the new flavor she'd been working on since managing to convince Aunt Fran to let her make and serve Ube ice cream and a Ube cheesecake with coconut cookie crust for the Fall taste-testing later on. She couldn't wait for 6 o'clock to come round, she really hoped Sookie and Luke would manage to stop by and try it.

"There's so many!" The strawberry blonde 6 years old said as she saw all the flavors available. 

"Clara!" An older male voice called. "I told you to stay by me."

"But Dean they have ice-cream. Can't we get some? You'll be the bestest big brother EVER!"

"I only have enough for dinner." He tries to tell her regretfully while trying to keep it quiet but with us being the only ones here his voice is heard clearly. "Come on, Clara. I promise once I get settled in school and find a job I'll bring you back." Lilith bites her lip before deciding to jump in remembering how Dean's parents always seemed to be so absent in the show.

"You know there's a taste testing for the new seasonal flavors at 6 today not just for here but the Weston Bakery. If you manage to get a hold of a ticket you and a guest can come and taste a little bit of everything for free. You just have to vote on what's your favorite." She tells them.

"Really? Like Willy Wonka? Dean we have to find a golden ticket!" Clara says bouncing while she turns big green eyes to her brother.

"Uh" Dean looks at her and seems to pause for a second before shaking his head. "I don't know Clara, I mean these tickets might be hard to find."

"But can't we try?" Clara asks but Lilith can already see her losing hope.

"Well you know, I think I heard something about one of those tickets being hidden right here in the store somewhere. Why don't you go take a quick look over there and I'll help your brother look here since it's not too busy just yet."

"Ok!" Clara quickly bounces off to start looking at the tabletops and underneath chairs.

"Is there really a taste testing?" Dean asks almost hesitantly and she smiles at him.

"Yes and there really are golden tickets this year." She says sliding her extra ticket across the counter. "It's free of charge, all you have to do is a review on which flavors you liked best and which you didn't afterwards. That part usually only take 5 minutes unless you end up talking with Taylor Doose. Go, be an ice-cream hero."

"Thanks. I'm Dean."

"Lilith but everyone call me Riley

"Lilith but everyone call me Riley."

"Riley?"

"It's my middle name and my cousin goes by Rory. We were born a month apart so everyone thought it would be cute if we went by similar names since we were apparently inseparable as kids and it kind of stuck to the point even my grandparents call me that and the two of us don't even get along that well anymore, if at all half the time. I'm gonna shut up now before I really start rambling." He chuckles.