Part 15: December of Changes III

With a large pizza and a 2-liter coke they were back before 11. "I'm going to check in and then I'll be right up." Lilith tells Dean handing him the key and kissing his cheek. Inside she finds Lorelai on the couch with her legs thrown over the back of the couch while her body haphazardly lays at the edge of the seat and Emily softly snores in the corner armchair. Containing her want to laugh as Lorelai starts kicking her legs she quickly makes her way over and carefully rearranges her so as not to fall off while avoiding being kicked in the face. Pulling out a blanket from the closet she lays it over Emily and presses a kiss to her forehead before quietly leaving to her apartment.

Walking into the kitchen she barely contains her surprise at seeing Clara sitting at the kitchen counter with Dean. "Hi Clara." Lilith says giving the little girl a hug while giving Dean a questioning look as she wonders how she had gotten here.

"Finish up your pizza up Clara." Dean tells her before he looks at Lilith nodding his head towards the living room and the walk a few feet away so as not to be over heard as they whisper. "I found her at your door. She knew I took you to the dance and that I would be dropping you off."

"How did she get here?" She asks and Dean flinches.

"She walked here." Lilith's mouth nearly drops as her eyes widen and she pulls him toward her room after telling Clara to find a movie for them to watch together.

"Dean, what's going on?" Dean looks away from her then.

"Our parents were arguing and Clara got scared."

"Dean, why exactly was she scared? Parents arguing doesn't usually end up with a 7 year old walking over a mile to her big brother's girlfriend's place in December, alone at night."

"Mom has a habit of throwing things when she starts yelling and Dad either stands there and takes it or punches holes in the wall."

"Dean have they ever . . .did they ever"

"No! No but Mom nearly got me once with a vase when I rounded the corner trying to get away from them and reach my room. It doesn't happen often but I always told Clara if they ever started raising their voices and I wasn't there to go somewhere she'd be safe. I meant her room or mine but I'm sorry I'll tell her not to come here."

"Dean, no. I don't mind her coming here or you if you need to or even if you just want to."

"Lily . . . I, we can't just show up here and put that on you."

"You're not. I'm asking you to come here because I'll worry otherwise. Dean we've been dating for awhile now and I've never really been good with feelings at least not romantic feelings. I've ignored it for the most part and always just went with the flow and stuck to things I knew wouldn't go anywhere and when I thought it was getting to be too much I'd bail. But I don't want to do that with you. I care about Clara and you, . . . I definitely have strong feelings for you. I wouldn't say it's the big 'L' at least not now, not yet but certainly has the potential for it. I mean I don't remember ever saying that word to anyone but family and Lane. I mean I've said it to Tristian but I grew up thinking he was my brother the first 6 years of my life and we basically adopted each other when we found out otherwise but still he's family and so is Jess. They're my brothers and always have been. I don't really get close to people that much but with you it sort of just happened and -" Lilith eventually starts babbling only to end up being shut up when Dean's lips slam into hers. "Is that your way of telling me to shut up?"

 "Is that your way of telling me to shut up?"