Part 11: Cinnamon, Rory, and Dean

So the conversation with Aunt Lore set back any progress they had made since the Rory-Harvard argument at least for a couple days. The three Gilmore girls were forced back together when Babette and Morey's cat Cinnamon died. The old fat tabby was like a child for the Dell's and so there the three were at Cinnamon's funeral.

"They said that they rolled her body into a lamp?" Lane asked as she walked between Lilith and Rory. Rory just nods. "Did you laugh?" Rory shakes her head. "Did you want to?" Rory nods.

"When I got back to my room."

"I don't think I would have lasted that long."

"It was so hard to keep a straight face."

"But it's sad." Rory finally opens her mouth leaving Lilith and Lane to share a look before agreeing as they walk through the house.

"Is it just me or are you guys starving?"

"I am. Whose bringing food cause if I have to go back home to tofu you are going to be going to my wake very soon cause I'm going to starve to death even with that tofu recipe book you put together for my mom's birthday."

"How's that going by the way?"

"It somewhat taste like real food . . . if food was watered down. Either way I'm hungry."

~~*~~

Lane and Lilith were walking back to the front of the house where they caught sight of Lorelai heading. "He goes to my old school, so I see him there sometimes but um . . . I go to Chilton now." They hear Rory saying and share a confused look.

"Who?" Lane asks.

"Lily, you're here!" Clara's voice calls out before Lilith stumbles forward at the sudden 40 something pounds thrown at the back of her legs.

"Clara be careful." Dean scolds her lightly while Aunt Lore and Rory look behind her towards him.

"Hey Clara, Dean." Lilith says turning around after giving Lane a smile for catching her.

"Hey." Dean says before leaning down to quickly but softly peck her on the lips. "Hey Lane."

"Hi I'm Lorelai,  Riley's aunt." Aunt Lore jumps in as her eyes move back and forth between the two teens before looking to Rory who is doing a great impression of Grandma Emily pursing her lips when she doesn't like something.

"I'm Dean and this is my little sister Clara." He says as Clara pulls on his leather jacket.

"Dean, that's her." Clara loudly whispers pointing at Rory and Lilith becomes confused.

"Her?" Lane asks turning to Rory.

"I've gotta go." Rory says before rushing out

"Rory. I'll be right back." Aunt Lore calls out to her before chasing after her.

"What was that about?" Lilith questions.

"Lily do you know that girl? She's scary."

"That's my cousin Rory. What do you mean she's scary?"

"She's always watching the house and she said she was a girl scout and asks about Dean and she made me cry when I said he has a pretty girlfriend."

"She what?"

"Oh god, Rory li-. Oh god." Lane says wide-eyed as she looks to a shocked Lilith who can't believe Rory had terrified a little girl and made her cry all because she liked a boy.

~~*~~

"Joseph Stanford is coming over tomorrow." Rory tells Grandma who asked where she left off now that Grandpa Richard returned from his business call.