Part 5: Getting To Know You

August 5,2000

"Hi." 

"Hi."

"Hi, uh, we should probably start this tour before we end up just going back and forth saying hi." Lilith says and Dean laughs. "No Clara today?"

"No, Mom's home so they wanted girl time." Dean tells her his smile almost sad but she doesn't pry since they only just met.

"Girl time, that's all day long at my place."

"Really?"

"Yea, it's just me, Rory, and my Aunt Lorelai. Sometimes Lane."

"Lane?"

"Mine and Rory's best friend here in Stars Hollow. So where did you move from?"

"Chicago."

"Ooh, good pizza."

"Yeah, there is. What about you have you always lived in Stars Hollow?"

"Only every other summer or about that. I lived in New York, Manhattan to be specific."

"So what brought you from Manhattan to Stars Hollow?"

"I guess you're going to find out anyways but my parents passed away in February, Valentine's Day." She tells him.

"I don't know what to say."

"At least you didn't say sorry. I swear It's the first thing almost everyone in this town says whenever they see me." Dean just listens as we keep walking.

"I am though." I push him lightly. "So that's why you live with your aunt?"

"Yes and no. My dad helped her buy her house by being the co-signer on her loan after he helped her get a lower price by having an inspection which she was going to skip and then paid to take care of the bigger problems in the house after the price was lowered." She says as she leads him to the dock so they can sit without being watched by the town. 

"Nice dad." Dean says.

"He was a very nice guy. Anyways, Aunt Lore didn't have the money to take care the big problems, what with being a single mom and all, so in exchange for Dad paying for it and building a new garage since the one there was falling apart it was agreed that we got to use the apartment above the new garage rent free until I was 22. Still have to pay utilities though but it's easy enough since it has it's own bill."

"He was a very nice guy. So you're going to Stars Hollow High?"

"Actually I'm going to school in Hartford, Chilton."

"I think I heard about that place. It's pretty advanced isn't it?"

"Yes, it is."

"I guess I won't be seeing much of you then."

"I wouldn't say that."

"Really?"

"Well you certainly won't be running into me in the mornings unless you're out before 7 in the morning but the afternoons yeah. I'll generally be back in town between 5- 6:30 except on Fridays but I'll be here weekends unless I plan otherwise."

"Why Fridays?"

"I have dinner with my grandparents in Hartford so I just head straight there after school."

"No sports?"

"Cheerleading and dance. Dance replaces my gym period, no running, yay! Cheer happens after school and is why I'll be late getting back Mondays and Wednesdays though I still have to try out for the position I want. What about you? Any sports?"