Part 9: Let the Show Begin

Gilmore House, Hartford

"Richard, Riley looks who's here." Emily says and her eyes widened as she looked up from her section of the newspaper to see Rory with her before Aunt Lore trudges in behind them both and she quickly looks back down. She wasn't sure when it happened but somehow the day Rory was accepted into Chilton had snuck right passed her. She may have been a little preoccupied with Dean and school and Lane and Dean and Clara and calling Jess. Did she mention Dean? Her family still didn't know about them dating and she had no intention of bringing it up unless she had to. Honestly if they weren't paying attention it wasn't her problem.

She really hoped Rory didn't start crushing on him then again Dean spent most of his time in school with Lane and out of school was spent taking care of Clara, working, meeting up for study sessions, or going on dates with her. Though their dates had up for the last week been spent looking for a car so she could cut her commute in half, more than that if she was honest. God she hated riding the bus especially since the driver on the bus she took liked to take his sweet time as if people didn't have places to be. I was half positive I could bike my way to Hartford faster.

Lilith and Dean had ended up finding the 1961 Dodge Lancer and she fell in love with it especially when she realized that despite its bad condition somehow there was a hell lot more of the car than she had seen on the show. She had to wonder if they managed to actually find it before the junkyard started selling off parts as it even still had the original side mirrors. Regardless the car was hers now and they had started on it a week and a half ago.

Lilith had chosen to go to Gypsy and pay her to do the framework and order the parts needed as she was a pro at classic restorations and would get better deals on any parts needed that her and Dean would put together, for a finder's fee of course. Thanks to splitting the effort on the rebuild and it having most of it's parts they managed to find everything they needed or get it ordered and Her soon to be restored 1961 Dodge Lancer would be road ready in roughly 2-3 months as they were splitting up the workload and the car having nearly all its parts aside from what needed replacing like. Damnit someone just said my name.

"Excuse me?"

"We're toasting to Rory. She'll be joining you at Chilton." Lilith smiles as best she can and only just barely manages to contain her eyeroll as she takes the glass of apple cider that was poured for her as Emily knew she didn't like alcohol while the others had champagne. Emily raises her glass and toasts. "To Rory entering Chilton and an exciting new phase in her life."

"Here, here." Richard says without looking up from his paper and they all take a drink. Things quickly become awkward and soon they're sitting down for dinner and it is just as awkward if not more so before Aunt Lore escapes to the kitchen after Grandpa brings up Rory's father which has her nearly dropping her head into her hands. Emily soon follows after her and just as Grandpa falls asleep her and Rory can hear their raised voices and Rory finds out about Lorelai asking them for money so she could go to Chilton.

~~*~~

Lilith woke up at her usual time despite the fact she was going to be heading to school with the Lorelai's today. She quickly dressed and made her way to their kitchen with a few ingredients for breakfast and a fresh bag of coffee grounds along with a large mug of her chai tea. A breakfast of toast, bacon, scrambled cheesy eggs with of mix of green and red bell peppers, and berries was set out just as Rory dragged herself from her room around 6:30. She nearly had a heart attack when she turned around to find Rory looking like the girl from The Ring and Lilith had to wonder if she would end up being the one to inspire the movie in the first place.