Listen (Part 5)

"Are you fucking her?" Curtis questioned his wife who was smiling to herself instead of eating the food on the dining table.

Her smile broke when she looked up, "What?"

"Beyoncé, I know you heard me. Are you fucking her?"

"Curtis, what the hell are you talking about? Fucking who? Are you saying that I'm cheating on you?"

"Y/n Y/l/n, the producer Beyoncé. You know damn well who the fuck I'm talking about."

Beyoncé looked down quickly still poking at the food in front of her and then looked back up, "When did you find out?"

Curtis let out a humorless chuckle shaking his head side to side, "The fact that you couldn't even deny it... you're a whore you know that? I mean, who goes behind their husband's back cheating on them. Here I was working my ass off trying to do shit for you and you were over there fucking around with someone else. What is it Beyoncé? Money? Do I not provide enough for you that you had to chase after her instead?"

"Curtis I'm going to stop you there because it was never about money. I don't even care about the money Curtis, why do you think that providing money means that you care about me and supports me? Money is not what I need Curtis. Y/n gives me what I need, she shows me love, she listens to me, she makes me feel worthy-"

"Stop the bullshit Beyoncé. You're trying to discredit me for all the shit that I've done for you. You sound ungrateful as hell right now."

Beyoncé's once happy mood was now all ruined but what was new? Every time she was with Curtis she was unhappy. She had to distract herself by thinking of the one person who actually made her happy and now even that was all over.

"Curtis, I'm sorry but- I don't love you anymore Curtis. I don't- I can't help myself... I don't feel anything but Y/n-"

"Dont fucking say her name Beyoncé. I swear to god you mention her name again..."

"Y/n, she just makes me so-"

Curtis's fist banged on the table making all the ceramic tableware clink against each other and Beyoncé whose body jumped.

Curtis's teeth were grinding expressing his anger, "You're not meeting her again. Ever. I mean that shit."

"Excuse me? You're not keeping me from seeing her Curtis."

"You wanna try me Beyoncé?" Curtis gave a death glare that made chills run down her back. She hated the way Curtis controlled her so easily. It was like a pull between Y/n and Curtis, light and dark, positive and negative.

One lifted her up while the other pulled her down. She hated herself for being so sensitive and now she felt guilty. She felt as if Y/n's hard work was all going to waste just because of some words Curtis said. She didn't feel like the strong woman Y/n had instilled her to be.

She felt like a failure, just like that. She was so quick to change.

Beyoncé's head fell down staring at her lap not wanting to show how Curtis made her feel. She wanted to put up a front but the tears that were already building up in her eyes ready to spill out any moment didn't help. Her chest felt tightened, her mind racing 100 miles a minute debating on whether she remain the obedient Beyoncé or to do something different.

Without another thought, Beyoncé rose up so quick her chair fell back with her hands extending out to grab her glass of water and throwing the whole thing in Curtis's way as the water splashed out.

"SHIT!" Curtis hands reflexively went to his head feeling a stinging cut and blood already dripping down his face. He was stunned at Beyoncé as he looked up but yet saw fear in her eyes and he was sure to make her regret what she had done.