A Friend

As soon as I walked out of the house, I started heading in the direction of the hospital. Might as well and visit the guy. As I was walking towards the hospital, it seemed the word had spread around.

"Did you hear...?"

"Yeah, Itachi killed his clan..."

"He killed everyone except for his brother, what do you think the reason was for?"

People should really mind their own business. I wonder if he is awake now? I'm sure he'll want to know who helped him and brought him there. On second thought....maybe not, he's going to be too busy grieving the loss of his clan to want to thank me. I stopped in my tracks, yeah maybe I should just leave it at that.

Instead of going to the hospital, I decided to do a bit of training. Not anything too physical right now, maybe I should work on memorizing the layout of the village, I shrugged, and continued walking around, letting my feet take me wherever, as well as memorizing the layout of where I was walking.

After a few hours of walking around, I decided to go to a training ground and train a bit, I wasn't as sore as I was, and Kakashi should be coming back sometime tomorrow or if I'm lucky maybe he'll be early.

I headed to the training grounds and decided to warm up a bit. I did some stretches Kakashi taught me, he had told me that I should work on my flexibility more and to do that I have to stretch more. Finishing stretching I decided to run for a bit around the training grounds, I ran for a few hours, after I was completely out of breath and exhausted.

I decided I was done training for today, though I didn't get as much as I would have liked today, Kakashi did say to take a break. So I shouldn't work so hard. I layed on my back on the floor of the training ground. Allowing myself to relax for a bit and soak but the warmth coming from the sun. Overall, it was really relaxing, there was a small breeze. It was all so soothing, that I started to fall asleep. Though, just as I was about to fall asleep, someone was coming my way. And not just anyone. Dad. I layed in the grass unmoving, I could hear the footsteps coming near until they came to a stop.

"Hey Dad. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home right now?" He came and sat down right next to me.

"Hey sweetie, I just came to check up on you, also to bring you back home. Honey, I know your mother is being a little difficult at the moment. You know she tries a lot for you and does so much for you. She is just having trouble trying to figure things out at the moment."

I sat up and leaned against my Dad's shoulder. "What is she even trying to figure out? There isn't much to figure out Dad. I just wish she could let me do things that I want."

Dad started brushing his hand through my hair. "Well honey you have to understand. To us you're the baby of the family, we have always had to be extra careful and look out for you. Because of your disability, you are more mature than most kids your age. So, when you speak up for yourself and try to grow on your own..how should I say this? Your mother is very nervous, she has always known that you would be different than other kids. She knew that from the start. I think your mother just needs some time to dwell on the matter. Please don't take what she said earlier into heart. You know she didn't mean it, I mean people say crazy things in arguments."

"Dad, that's a lie and you know it. Everything she said she meant and everything I said I meant. During an argument you can say what you feel, and that's what Mom did. She said I couldn't become a ninja." I growl and turn my head in the opposite direction of my father.

"You don't think I know that? Of course I know that! I know that if I want to become a ninja I have to work twice as hard as everyone else. Even if I make it, I'll still be looked down upon. Society will always look down upon those who are different. That's just how it's always been. But hearing it from my own mother. Someone who birthed me, took care of me..someone I look up to. It-" I bit my lip to stop the sobs that were trying to come out.