Surprise Surprise!!

"Alright and make sure to do the homework everyone, the next lesson we'll be learning about is what you need in order to pass the academy. I'll go over it at a later date. You're all dismissed, have a nice day!" Iruka said, dismissing the class.

I walked out the door of the academy and waited for Kiba. Kiba said he had something he wanted to tell me. I sat on the swing in front of the academy and waited for Kiba. Though I didn't have to wait long as Kiba ran out of the academy.

"Hey Sorey! Let's talk somewhere else, there's way too many people around." Kiba said, pulling my arm and leading me to a different location. Once we had arrived, I could tell we were at one of the many training grounds in the village.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the tree. "So what is it you wanted to tell me? I can assume it's important, since you basically just dragged me over here." I surveyed the area, waiting patiently for Kiba to explain what we were doing here in the first place.

"Um, so the reason I brought you here is that well." Kiba paced around nervously, while Akamaru just watched him, and let out a small whimper showing concern to Kiba. Kiba groaned in annoyance and marched up to me and set his hands on my shoulder.

"Sorey! Ever since I laid eyes on you, I've liked you, as these three years passed my feelings only grew stronger, and we only have one year left together before we graduate. So I wanted to tell you..so that maybe we could spend the rest of our year together, because when we graduate we'll be going on missions and... we may not have time together anymore." Kiba said, confessing his undying love for me.

I gasped in shock at Kiba's confession, I had no idea he had felt this way. "I um.. I don't know what to say.." I've never been in this situation before, it had really never crossed my mind that someone would like me, let alone actually liking someone. I was and still am focusing on my abilities as a shinobi. I do like Kiba..but only in a friendly way, in fact I've only thought of him as a brother.

"Well? Say something dammit! Don't just stand there, give me an answer!" Kiba exclaimed impatiently, hitting the tree with his fist.

"I- well.." I sighed and gently pushed Kiba's hands off of my shoulders and away from me. "Kiba, it's nice of you to say that but..I haven't thought of you in that way before. I'm sorry but I can't return your feelings." I slowly moved from the tree and away from Kiba. "But you know we can still be friends right? This doesn't change anything we can still-"

I was interrupted by a sobbing sound which left Kiba's mouth, "How can you say that? Of course things are going to change, nothing is going to be the same now. I- I have to go." And with that Kiba along with Akamaru ran out of the training area leaving me alone with my thoughts.

After they had left I walked back home, not in the mood to train anymore. As I walked back home I couldn't help but think back to what happened between Kiba and I. He cried when I rejected him..was I too harsh on him? But he said our relationship could never be the same now, what does he mean by that?

As I was walking home, I didn't hear that someone was calling my name until a hand was put on my shoulder. "Sorey, I've been calling you, are you okay?" The female voice called out.

"Ah, sorry Mom. I was spacing out." I said, brushing her hand off of my shoulder before walking next to Mom who also seemed to be coming home from doing a little grocery shopping.

"I asked what you wanted for dinner, are you sure you're okay? You look a little down." Mom asked, showing her concern for me. As we walked through the somewhat busy crowd Mom held my hand. "Come on Sorey, let's hurry home and we can talk about it, okay?"

I nodded my head and allowed Mom to lead the way home. Once we got home Mom started to make some tea while I waited at the table for Mom. A few minutes passed and Mom came out with two cups of tea and some rice balls.