Prove it!

Prove it!
One-shot
"This is my son! Hiccup Haddock" Stoick said handing a axe to Hiccup. "Don't let me down son.." he said. Then Hiccup walked into the arena, this is the time. He has to kill a dragon.
Hiccup didn't know what to do. He was scared and didn't have enough strength to stand up to his farther.
"This son. Is your time to prove, that you are a Viking!" He said giving him a pat on the back.
"Thanks dad... but I don't feel ready!" Hiccup said. He gave his farther a frown.
"I know you can do this son!" He said, and he encouraged him to go into the arena.
Hiccup put his helmet on, he held his axe and walked in.
Hiccup was given the opportunity to have a pre trial with the dragon of his choice before the big event where he will prove himself in front of the whole village.
He didn't want to do it, so this ends now!
Hiccup walked in the arena. The gronckle was eating some rocks.
"I am not going to hurt you!" Hiccup said putting his axe down. He picked up the shield and the small knife.
He also threw these on the floor.
The gronckle flew closer to him. He sniffed in his pocket.
"Heyyy." He said "want some dragon nip?" He said getting it out from his pocket.
The dragon instantly fell under the spell of dragon nip.
"What is he doing?!" Stoick said.
"Heyyy, your ok aren't you!" He said giving the dragon a chin scratch.
Stoick walked away.
He didn't say anything to Hiccup all day. He just left him. Until Hiccup came running through the door of their hut.
"Son! We need to talk." Stoick said. He stopped Hiccup dead in his tracks.
"Yea. About that dad." Hiccup started saying.
"I think you should kill the monstrous nightmare tomorrow." Stoick said.
"I think I shouldn't kill a dragon" Hiccup said also.
They both froze.
"Well son. I will see you in the arena bright and early!" Stoick said ignoring what Hiccup said.
"Ok dad..." Hiccup said.

Pt 2
It was midday
Hiccup was in the academy
This was it. The moment where he would kill a dragon. He didn't like it.
Hiccup had his helmet on. He had a shield and was waiting for the dragon to be released.
The villagers of Berk were excited. They hadn't seen a dragon being killed in a week. This was it. The one and only chance to prove himself to his farther, Hiccup had to do something and fast.
So he ran.
He ran towards the opening doors.
He ran into the dragon cage.
He ran up in front of the dragon.
They were nose to nose.
Hiccup held out his hand.
The doors were wide open, but no-one came out.
Hiccup stayed there with the monstrous nightmare.
The name is just as terrible as the dragon.
It had been about five minuets.
Hiccup was secretly training the dragon inside.
Stoick was waiting. Had Hiccup actually killed the dragon?
Then suddenly Hiccup flew out, he was riding the dragon?!
"Hiccup, what are you doing?!" Stoick shouted.
"Dad, this is how we can train dragons. We don't need to live in fear of them." Hiccup said. He landed and got off the monstrous nightmare.
"Dad, we can all train dragons, you just need to have faith in me." Hiccup said. Then a Viking started clapping. And then it was followed by the whole village nodding and agreeing.
Hiccup sighed. This was just the beginning. Even though it's the end of these words.