From Mother to Step Daughter

"To the Chief and his beautiful new wife, Astrid. Hiccup is one to be loved in our family!" Valka said as she raised her glass for a cheers. Hiccup, Astrid and the rest of the villagers of New Berk were all in the hall having a drink. Hiccup and Astrid had been married for 3 months. Valka was still getting used to the change. It had been just her and Astrid for some time. Now they had to welcome Hiccup too! Valka had accepted Astrid into the family, she had found her in the woods. No one was around to claim her. But Valka needed to let go of Astrid's past to prepare for the future.

Valka was Astrid's step mother ( or adopted mother) and Astrid lived with her.

As time went on, Astrid had fallen in love with the chief of Berk. This had only happened about 5 years ago. But now they were married.

"So son in law, when will I be expecting grandkids?" Valka laughed as she walked over to Hiccup.

"Mom please, we have been over this. You're not getting any grandkids yet... we're just not ready!" Astrid smiled.

"But don't worry, I will get her on the baby thought soon. I need a future Chief for my island!" Hiccup smiled and Astrid gave him a friendly pinch.

Valka laughed as she raised her glass again. "To the chief and chieftess"

Everyone cheered.

Some time later...

"Hiccup what's wrong?" Astrid asked him, she was walking over to him. Hiccup was sat alone in a chair in the corner of the great hall. He had been missing from the top table for some time. Valka was speaking to the local villagers of Berk.

"Astrid... Do you want me to say it?" Hiccup began. "I don't really want to... But now or never... Right?"

"Hiccup what's wrong!" Astrid said.

"It's been said that my farther... Although he left 10 years ago... Might still be alive." Hiccup started filling with tears in his eyes.

"No way! Hiccup this is great news!" Astrid said. Then she saw Hiccup's eyes. "Hiccup... What does this mean exactly?" She finished.

"Astrid... I'm leaving Berk to go find him... Without you." Hiccup sounded destroyed with his own decision. Then Astrid started crying. "Astrid please. If I don't do this I could have another chance of seeing him and miss it. What if you die-" Hiccup was interrupted by Astrid screaming "WHAT ABOUT YOU HICCUP!!! YOU COILD DIE....ALONE!" Astrid screamed those very words so loud that the whole of Berk froze. The villagers turned their heads towards the corner Astrid was standing and Hiccup was sitting. Astrid ran out of the hall crying and Hiccup followed.

"Astrid please-" Hiccup was once again interrupted.

"No Hiccup. You're not doing this alone!"

"Astrid I have to-"

"What if you get hurt? And for the love of Thor you could be Killed! Your farther might not even be alive Hiccup... Just please don't be stupid."

Astrid ran off knowing that those words hurt him very much. But it was the truth...

To be continued! What do you think happens next? Comment down below!

"Come on Hiccup, she is your wife... You don't leave her. No matter what!" Hiccup said to himself.

He ran after Astrid.

"Astrid. Astrid!" Hiccup callee after her, she was crying heavily.

"I am not going, not with out you!" Hiccup said giving her a hug.

"No Hiccup, you were right. I need to stay here. You can go!" She said looking away.

The clouds were coming it to make Berk dark and started crying too.