Drawing with dad

Drawing with dad
Chapter 1
"Zephyr and Nuffink, come on! We need to go to your drawing lession with Gobber!" Astrid shouted up the stairs, then Zephyr and Nuffink came sprinting down the stairs.
"I am so excited!" Zephyr said as she jumped the last step.
"Me too!" Nuffink said doing the same as his sister.
"Come on Nuffink, we need to get our drawing stuff!" Zephyr said. They ran to the kitchen table and picked up their notepads and pencils, they had been previously drawing the night before. Zephyr and Nuffink has gotten dressed in their outfits and were ready to go.
"Ok kids. Let's be good for Gobber today! No stealing his stuff or setting traps whilst he is teaching you ok?" Astrid said, she smiles cheekily at her children.
"Ok mum!" They both agreed in unison.
Later...
"Ok kids! Let's start your lesson by drawing Toothless!" Gobber said getting out his drawing stuff. And sitting the children down at the table in his hut.
"Gobber, I don't know how to draw toothless..." Nuffink said looking sad.
"It's ok Nuffink! I will teach you and you can finish it as homework!" Gobber said getting out stacks of paper.
"Ok!" Nuffink said getting a piece of paper and starting to draw a circle on it.
"Ok so let's begin!" Gobber said.
"Start with drawing a circle and then draw a line diagonally down...
"Then all you need to do is add all of the details!" Gobber had just finished the last details on Toothless and they were set homework to finish their drawings.
"I have a question!" Zephyr said.
"Yes Zephyr" Gobber answered.
"Why isn't dad teaching us? He knows Toothless best, doesn't he?" Zephyr asked. And Gobber looked lost...
"Well, the truth is Zephyr. Your dad had given me this job to distract me from everything." Gobber looked down and then he turned away to wipe his eyes.
"Oh Gobber... I am so sorry!" Zephyr said and she gave him a hug.
"Ok, I will set you guys the homework and you guys will come back to me when you are done!" And Zephyr and Nuffink went home.

Zephyr and Nuffink had been home for an hour with Astrid and it was windy outside. The front door was banging a lot and Astrid was making dinner whilst Zephyr and Nuffink drew at the table. About an hour after they got home Zephyr and Nuffink heard the door bang really loud. "It sure is windy out there!" Hiccup shouted as he walked through the door.
"Yes it is darling!" Astrid shouted back. "How was your day?" Astrid asked laying the table and walking over to kiss Hiccup on the cheek.
"What are you doing kids?" Hiccup asked walking over to them, Zephyr and Nuffink were sitting at the table. Astrid had gotten back to finish preparing the food to lay on the table.
"We are drawing Toothless!" Nuffink said blowing off the rubber remains.
"Looks good!" Hiccup said. "So I take it your class went well?" He said taking off his coat and putting it on the stairs.
"Yes it did. But I wanted you to take it, you knew Toothless best dad!" Zephyr said. She looked down at her drawing she had been working on for the past hour and handed it to Hiccup. "It looks terrible!" Zephyr said.
"No, it doesn't!" Hiccup said. "How about after dinner we get some of my old drawings out and we can look at those!" Hiccup suggested as Astrid put the last plate of food on the table.
"Ok!" Nuffink said packing away the drawing stuff.
"I am really excited to look at your old diary's! It would be amazing to see all the different dragons, although Toothless is the prettiest!" Zephyr said.
"Ok kids! Tuck in!" He said holding up his knife and fork.
"Yay!" Nuffink said and they ate dinner.

Hiccup blew dust off from his old drawing book. They were in his office and had finished dinner, and it was now time to show Zephyr and Nuffink, Hiccup's old drawings.
"Dad why do you look so nervous?" Zephyr asked looking at the dust fly off into Hiccup's face. 
"Well, it's just been a while since I have gotten out my drawing things..." Hiccup said. He looked sad.
"Don't be nervous dad. I am sure your drawings of Toothless are amazing!" Zephyr said. Then Hiccup opened the book. The first page had Toothless full body on it, but a part of his tail was smudged off, and the second page had a head shot of Toothless.
"Dad... These drawings are AMAZING!" Zephyr said taking the book from Hiccups hands. Your an amazing drawer! She said flipping through the book sitting next to Nuffink.
"Wow!" Nuffink said.
"Dad, why aren't you teaching us? Your amazing drawer!" Zephyr asked.
"You are never going to have a good enough answer are you Zeph?" Hiccup laughed. "Well to tell you the truth... I stopped drawing a long time ago. When I became chief, I didn't have time!" Hiccup said. "And I still don't have time now Zephyr." He leaned down to her level. "When you are Chief then you will understand." He said looking into her eyes.
"Really??!!" Zephyr said.
"Yes." He nodded.
"I think you will make a great Chief!" Nuffink said. "You are so practical and you aren't scared of ANYTHING!" Nuffink fell over as he waved his hands in the air to exaggerate the last word.
"Thanks Nuffink." Zephyr said.
"Back to the drawings!" Nuffink said taking the book off Zephyr and looking closely at the detail.
"Dad, since you have some free time now. Can you draw with us?" Zephyr asked.
"Of corse!" Hiccup said and they all went downstairs to draw.
Later...
"Done! Zephyr happily announced as she lifted her drawing for Hiccup to see. It had been several hours since they had sat down again and Hiccup started to teach them how to draw Toothless. With the guidance of Hiccup they had successfully drawn Toothless with patience.
"That's so amazing! Well done kids!" Hiccup said enthusiastically.
"Thank you so much dad. I can't wait to show Gobber my drawing tomorrow!" Zephyr said.
"I want Gobber to love mine!" Nuffink said holding his drawing up, he had drawn Toothless head and full body as two separate pictures.
"What one do you like best?" Nuffink asked.
"I love the head one Nuffink!" Astrid said walking in, she had previously been tidying around the house.
"Thanks mum!" Nuffink said and he started packing away his drawing stuff.
"It's time for you guys to go to bed, but you can show Gobber your drawings in the morning!" Astrid said handing them a fresh pair of pyjamas.
"Thanks mum!" Zephyr said and they both went upstairs to get ready for bed.
"Well done honey!" Astrid said walking towards Hiccup.
"It was nice you spending time with the kids this evening." Astrid said kissing him on the cheek. "It's getting late, how about we go to sleep now?" Astrid suggested.
"Good idea!" Hiccup agreed and that night everyone slept well.

Drawing with dad
Chapter 3 the final chapter
"Zephyr and Nuffink, come on! You need to go show your drawings to Gobber!" Astrid shouted up the stairs, then Zephyr and Nuffink came sprinting down the stairs.
"I am so excited!" Zephyr said as she jumped the last step.
"Me too!" Nuffink said doing the same as his sister.
"Come on Nuffink, we need to get our drawings!" Zephyr said. They ran to the kitchen table and picked up their notepads and pencils, they had been previously drawing the night before with Hiccup by their side. Zephyr and Nuffink had gotten dressed in their outfits and were ready to go.
"Ok kids. Let's be good for Gobber today! He has worked hard to teach you ok?" Astrid said, she smiles cheekily at her children.
"Ok mum!" They both agreed in unison.
It was like they had only been doing these exact same things the day before!
Zephyr and Nuffink ran across the town to Gobber's work hut. He was pounding on a piece of metal and then looked up to Zephyr and Nuffink.
"Hey kids! You have come earlier than expected. Let's see what you have drawn..." Gobber said taking the paper off Zephyr and Nuffink. Astrid was looking down to them from her hut. She trusted the children to keep themselves safe, and Hiccup was in the town fixing people's problems too. 
"This is amazing!" Gobber said. A small tier escaped his eye.
"Do you like it?" Zephyr asked. She looked hopeful.
"I love it!" Gobber said. And since that very day those very drawings have been hanging in Gobber's hut. He was happy!
The end.