Chapter 6

A photo of Peeta and Katniss! Vote if you're a hunger games fan! Like me!! :D Btw,I guess Peeta and Alexa have something in common. Omg! *fangirling mode-on*

Okay back to the story.. XD

"I got engaged." I say flatly.

"Wow! Hmm.. you don't sound too happy." The doctor replies.

"Wow! How observant doctor!" I smirk at him. He smirks back.

I continue,"It wasn't my idea to marry this man. You can say I am being held against my will. I am getting married to Stephan Grant. A contract marriage. By the end of four years,I could divorce him."

"I see. Why didn't you say anything to your parents?"he replies after jotting down what I assume is what I said on his notepad.

"Because they don't give a damn. I.. need something,doc. To help me sleep." I know this might be a bad idea but I am desperate. I need to sleep. Sooner or later Grant will say something. Why do you have to please the bastard anyway? I silence my inner thought.

"What is wrong with your current sleep?"I mentally slap myself. Really,doc?

"I have problems sleeping. Duh."I grunt my response. The smartass doctor smirks.

"I meant,specifically,Alexa. Tell me about your sleep." I hold in a breath. You sure you wanna let him know your demons? I have to..

"When I was a teenager,I had trouble falling asleep and could only fall asleep physically exhausted or from crying too much. It only happens on weekends and holidays when I have leser activities." I start to explain. The doctor beckons me to continue.

I take a deep breath before saying,"Its worse now. I am almost up half the night and when I do fall asleep,I have nightmares."

"Do you remember your dreams?" I nod in response. Don't break down now! I clench my teeth when he asks me to describe my dreams.

"They are flashbacks. Modified ones. In real life they were sweet memories. In my dreams in ends tragically. I fell in love with a boy named Daniel. We were inseperable until Daniel proposed to my parents. Dad declined before I could say anything. I haven't heard from Daniel since. My heart longs for him,I guess. But in my dreams he leaves me alone. Broken and ruined." My breathing changes as I finish. Its painful to finally admit what I am going through.

"Thank you for sharing,Alexa. I will give you a prescription. I know you are letting out lots of details but our session is over. You call me if you feel like breaking down. I know its hard to keep up that mask of yours" I am taken aback at his words. How did he know I have masks? Who asked you trust him you idiot? My subconscious scolds.

Despite his true words,I gave him a cold look before nodding and getting up to leave. Dr Morrison simply smirked.

I grabbed my prescriptions after work and left for Leeya's penthouse. Thomas let me in saying that Leeya will be working late and that I am to make myself at home. I am kinda disappointed but at least I get to vent to Dr Morrison. Leeya can wait.

Thomas directs me to a very spacious and well decorated guest room and Glenn sends in my dinner. I start to relax enjoying my dinner of steak and potatoes thinking the cityview isn't so bad after all. At least you have piece and quiet.

That night I used my prescriptions. I fell asleep easy but a vague dream haunts.

"Don't push me away please. I know you are hurting but don't push me away. Please talk to me Alexa." Daniel is kneeling in front of me trying to get me to face him.

I stare blankly at him. I blink once,twice. He's gone. Where did he go? Unwarranted tears shot out of my eyes. Daniel,I miss you..

I jolt awake. At least I am not screaming. And the dream is shorter and less painful than usual. I try to sleep again. Fortunately, the pills miraculously work and I sleep through dawn. Though this whole time,Daniel's voice kept invading my thoughts. "Where's that cheeky grin,mon amour!"