Chapter 9

Hi guys!! So so so sorrry you had to wait long for an update but I was so busy with school and stuff soo.. yeah. Anyways here is the update. Enjoy! Vote and comment please!! I wanna know if what I am writing is really being read.

Btw, the pic is Alexa's wedding dress! Not traditional I know. Meh. I am weird anyway XD

"Lexie!" Leeya was the first to greet me when I walked in the store. She hugged me while whispering sorry in my ears. I knew then, this fitting wasn't her choice either.

I let her go and with much strength, I forced a smile and greeted everyone politely. I looked around the store and saw all kinds of wedding dresses, in all different kinds of colors,models and patterns. This is not gonna be good. I inwardly thought.

"So,shall we?" A lady in a crisp light pink suit walks in,which I assume is the wedding planner Mrs Grant hired for the wedding.

"Come,dear. This is Victoria Hawthorne. The wedding planner." Mrs. Grant's introduction confirmed my assumptions.

I shook hands with the sophisticated blond lady. She has a neat bob and carries herself with poise and grace. I assume she is well-bred and from a reputable family.

"I thought Leeya is my wedding planner? I promised her years ago." I distinctively remember my promise to Leeya to let her plan my wedding and design my home. I glanced at Leeya and she looks rather bummed as well.

"Yes, I know Alexa. But Catherine thought a much more experienced and reputable planner would suit your wedding more. Especially since its in two weeks." my mother explains.

"Do not worry,Miss Miller. I am very good at my job and your grand wedding will go without a hitch in two weeks time. Now we need to pick your dress. And since Miss Stone is your maid of honor,she would have to pick her dress. Not forgetting bridesmaids' dresses." Victoria Hawthore states professionally.

My head spins in anger with this revelation. You don't even want the wedding. Why do you bother with the details? With that thought in mind I calmed myself and nodded in reply.

Leeya looked at me in confusion, silently communicating with me asking why would I give in. I simply shrugged in response before saying,"Sorry I broke my promise."

She shrugged back and replied,"Its years ago. Don't worry about it."

I just realized that Stephan has been watching me intently. I looked away when i met his eyes and focused on choosing a dress.

------Two hours later-----

I have been trying on dresses for two painful hours. I picked what I like but its not grand enough for Mrs.Grant. The ones mum picked are too old fashioned for my taste. Stephan picked the ones that are rather uncomfortable and shows my curves too much.

In the end, we picked the top three dresses. Leeya suggested two of them. Typical. Leeya went with the first dress she picked and no one said anything. Its perfect.

The wedding planner was busy on her phone most of the time. She says its the catering,florist and wedding stuff for ny wedding.

Not that I don't believe her. She asked for my opinion most of the time. And most of the time I don't what to say till Leeya steps in for me. I am grateful she knows me so well that I trust her decisions.

After modelling those three dresses many times, I finally decide on one strapless dress that has a soft pink lace embroidery on the skirts. I love that it looks almost like cherry blossoms,my favorite flower. Everyone commented on how perfect it is. Even Stephan said I looked beautiful.

Leeya and I decided on model of a bridesmaid dress while Stephan went to get his own fitting done.

After a while I heard Stephan's husky woive asking me,"What do you think Alexa?" I turned around and blushed. He looks dashing and smart and devilishly handsome in the tux. With a silverish pink tie to match my dress. I nodded in agreement. He looks dangerously good.

Stephan simply smirked at my obvious reaction. I glared at him in response. Leeya watched the whole exchange wide-eyed.

After Stephan left, she dragged me aside and said,"You are attracted to him".

"No,I can't afford to fall in love again. I told you this before." I defended myself.

"I am not saying that either. I am simply saying there is an attraction between you too. More to lust and hatred towards each other. Its a dangerous combination,Alexa. It leads to love." I facepalmed at Leeya's words. This is ridiculous. I will not fall for a man who wants me just because he had no choice.

"Jeez, I didn't know" I replied with sarcasm. Leeya's own relationship started with lust and hatred. Now they love each other but thinks the other hates them. And both of them are too proud and egoisitic to admit their feelings for one another. Its a mess. And with that,Leeya thankfully dropped the conversation.

An hour later, we both decided on the perfect bridesmaids' dress. Unfortunately my day is not done with me. After this all of us headed to a boutique restaurant. Where all kinds of wedding stuffs are sold and there is a restaurant in it too. Its a high class one too, because we were warmly greeted and served bubbly champagne.

I am exhausted and worn out. Emotionally. But now I have to sit through dinner while going over wedding details.

In fact,I was silent most of the time. Nodding when something needed my agreement. Leeya knows what I want and need so she spoke in my place most of the time.

Halfway through dinner,I excused myself to the bathroom. Jeez,even the bathroom is fancy. I took my time in there and when I got out, a familiar blue-eyed man was outside waiting for me,giving me an intense stare which sent shivers throughout my body.

"What took you so long?" He demanded.

"I needed some time. Its too overwhelming there." I reply coolly.

"You are tired. I'll send you home. "He says with full of care and concern. This is new. I smirk.

"Your mother and mine expects me here. I can't just leave."

"You can. Just say you are tired. Leeya can handle things for you."

Giving in to the thought,I decided to go with his plan. I am sick and tired of all this planning. Especially for something I did not want.

Once I reached the table with Stephan alongside me,I told Mrs Grant and my mother,"I don't feel so good. Too tired. I trust you can handle everything without me."

"Alexa! You cannot just leave your own wedding planning!" My mother scolds. I held back from rolling my eyes at her.

"No,its okay. Go home dear. Leeya would you like to get some rest too?" Mrs Grant replies kindly. Huh. She is nicer than I thought. Maybe its a tactic for you to agree wholeheartedly to this wedding. I cringe at the thought.

"No,its okay. I am not too tired. I can represent Alexa in the decision making. Go home and get some rest,Lexie." Leeya states. I smile gratefully at her.

After I said my goodbyes,Stephan took me back home in his car. We didn't speak much along the way. I feel asleep in the car anyway. Daniel's face was the last thing I remembered before passing out. I miss you,Daniel. Wherever you are..

Aaaand.. that is chapter 9. Sorry if the chapter is too long but I decided since I haven't updated in a while.. you guys deserved a longer chapter. Anyway I just wanna let you know that I won't be able to update as often next week. Mid terms!!! OMG!! I am stressed out cause I have to perform on stage next weekend and practices are during exams! Okay I am blabbering. Wish me luck and best of luck to all my readers!! (if I have any lol)

xoxo EllaJ