Chapter 44

"Daniel, where are we??" I exclaim impatiently. "Daniel! Will you let me open my eyes now??" I exclaim further when Daniel didn't reply.

This morning I woke up feeling warm and fuzzy in the safe arms of the man I love. I could get used to this!

Daniel drove me somewhere whilst my eyes were covered with a blindfold. And right now,I think,we are somewhere in the outdoors.

He finally pulls the blindfold that is covering my eyes and I am temporarily blinded by the Sun's blazing light.

"Do you remember this place?" Daniel smiles at me as I take in my surroundings.

I gasp in shock and delight. I haven't been here in ages. This place has so many memories.

"This is the park where we used spend our time together," I say excitedly.

Daniel grins at my answer and says, "Mmhm. So many wonderful memories. I asked you to be my girlfriend here,"

I frown after awhile, "But this is where we broke up as well. When my parents forced us to,"

"Alexa, we did break up. But that never stopped us. We stayed together," Daniel gives a small smile. "Come on, I know you're itching to sit on the swings," Daniel holds his hand out.

I gladly took it, wanting to step out of this misery. We both sit on the matching pair of swings. I giddily swing myself like a little kid, letting myself go. This is nice, no need to keep up the mask.

"I was so alone. No one understood us when we broke up after my parents forced us to. But we still had each other. My pains were bearable. It was worse when you proposed then and my dad declined. Our friends found out and they laughed at me. They just shrugged our breakup off saying its just a petty highschool love and what do I know," I spoke sadly after a while of silence.

Daniel listened attentively and he knitted his eyebrows, "Lexie, I should've fought for you. I can't. I wanted your parents to accept us willingly. Not after being persuaded,"

"I know, Daniel. I just wished they understood how much you meant to me back then," I smirked at myself after I said that.

Daniel raised his eyebrow at my reaction asking, "What's with the smirk?"

"I used the exact same line to my mother when I tried to persuade her. She laughed at me. Like I was some little kid who didn't know any better," I smiled remembering, but my heart constricted in pain.

It hurt a lot to realize the people who has raised you simply shook your problems off like they never matter. My mother laughed at me. She laughed at my problems. My own mother.

"They know now. Nothing can separate us now, Lexie," Daniel says with a smile.

I didn't say anything to that. I was still doubting Daniel would be able to love me again after all Stephan has done to ruin me.

I walk towards the lake nearby. It's very peaceful here. I used to go here with Daniel when I was feeling gloomy. He would stay right beside me, lifting my spirits up again.

I smile at the memory. "You used to come up with so many fun things to cheer me up here," I tell him.

He grinned that signature grin of his and replied, "Well, you always needed cheering up. I don't like seeing you unhappy. Especially after we finish our exams and we get our results back. Those periods were always your gloomiest days,"

I nod, remembering, "They were. I thought mum and dad would congratulate and be proud of my good results. But they simply nodded and shook it off. Like it doesn't matter. I guess it didn't"

He holds my chin to face him, "Hey, the grades mattered. Your parents were just too caught up in the past to look at your bright future. Don't underestimate yourself, Alexa. No matter what people say," he reminded me.

I stared up into his clear green eyes and grinned back, "What people say has never stopped me before, Daniel,"

"True. But they keep you up at night, and that is what I am trying to avoid," Daniel states. "Especially with your latest bad memories. Seriously, Lexie. Some days I just feel like strangling Stephan to death for what he's done to you," he clenches his jaw as he says this, clearly frustrated.

We held hands and sat down on a bench near the lake. "Don't do that, Daniel. He's done good to me too. If you do revenge against him, it just makes you as bad as he is,"

"Nope. I am not as bad as him because I will never,ever abuse my beloved wife," he states confidently.

Wife?? "Really now? Who is that beloved wife?" I ask, filled with curiosity.

He laughs and pinches my cheek, "I don't know. I hope she is sitting here right beside me,"

I blush and look down at my fingers. He literally just said he wants you to be his wife, Lex! Say something! My subconscious exclaims.

"Sorry, Alexa. If I was too frank. I really do want to marry you. But if you're not ready, I'll wait," he smiles down at me. His sincere smile that warms your insides.

I shake my head and reply, "It's alright. Um.. Daniel? How could you still love me, after all this baggage I came back with?"

He sighs and tilts my chin up again,holding my face gently between his hands, "My dear Alexa, I love you because you are the girl who bears with all my baggage, who is strong no matter what life brings to her, who accepts me with all my weirdness and awesomeness," I laugh happily at his reply.

"I fell in love with you the first time I asked you to play a game of Scrabble with me. Your beautiful baby blues are like magnets attracting my heart. And you've held my heart ever since. I loved you then, I will love you now and I will continue to love you forever," he continues. His sweet words bring tears of joy my eyes, rendering me speechless.

He laughs softly and wipes my tears with his thumbs, "Don't cry,"

I laugh softly back and say, "This is the first time in months, I've cried out of happiness. Pure and utter happiness. Thank you, Daniel," I state burying my face in his chest.

He hugs me tight and says, "You're welcome, mon amour. Now, are you convinced?"

"Yes, I am. Thank you," I tell him, smiling widely like a Cheshire cat.

"Now, I have a question to ask you," he asked suddenly with a serious tone. "Do you still love me? And will you forgive me? Despite the fact that I left you, until I caused you so much pain to deal with alone when I should've been there for you?"

I nod, smiling, "I always have loved you, Daniel. You never left my mind, not even once. You didn't leave me alone either. Appearing in my dreams every night,"

"Really now??" he raises an eyebrow in question. "Glad to see dream-Daniel is playing his part," he grins cockily.

I laugh and hit his arm playfully, "Oh please, dream-Daniel doesn't even come close to real-life-Daniel,"

"That's cause he can't 'come' " Daniel grins wickedly at his lame attempt of a bad sexual joke.

I roll my eyes and groan at him,"That is just terrible, Dan!"

He laughs either way and hugs me tight again. I gladly nuzzled his chest, inhaling his calming scent.

"Let's go. We're going on a date, a real one," he holds my hand to get up. And we walk towards the car.

I smile at him and kiss his cheek. "What was that for?" he asks.

"For returning to me," I say gratefully.

"I'll always come back to you. Ruined or not, I'll be there to pick up the pieces and make sure it stays," he states reassuringly.

Hellooo!!! I am back guys!! I am so sorry I've been away for so long. Been so busy with performances and I was sick as well so.. yeah. Here is your long-awaited update. I hope you like it! xoxo EllaJ

P.S. I just realized how cheesy the end of this chapter is. Meh. XD Alexa deserves it. :p

P.S.S. This chapter is dedicated to Fahri25 for following me. Thanks dude! :p