Chapter 42

DANIEL'S POV

I lay her small body gently on the bed. She fell asleep in my arms after crying so much from the panic attack. My poor lexie..

I remember when we were younger, she so rarely have panic attacks, but when they do occur, she would get so shaken up. If I was lucky, I was there to calm her down during her attack, but most of the times, she had to deal with it alone.

After I laid her down, I exited the room to explain to the guests of Alexa's condition. There were a lot of people waiting outside, her colleagues, her friends, her family.

"Everyone, I'm sorry all of you had to see that. I'm afraid our Alexa had a panic attack. She is asleep in her room as we speak. I should've realized she would like some time to adjust after being through so much. I apologize for taking up your time. If you please, Leeya will show you to the door. Thank you for coming, everyone," I say.

The crowd nods and murmurs their understanding and slowly, they made their way to the door.

After everyone left, Leeya approached me and asked, "How is she?"

"Shaken," I reply curtly. "Thank you for inviting me here, Leeya. I am glad I was here to help her,"

She nods and continues, "She seemed fine at the hospital. How is she so fragile now?"

"She has this tendency to not let others see her in pain. It's already a subconscious thing for her," I say sadly.

"Yeah, I remember. I hope we can get her up on her feet again,"Leeya says hopeful.

I sigh, "Knowing her, she would. She always does. She's strong like that. But she'll suffer every night,"

"Daniel, I don't mind if you stay here and keep her company. At least until she recovers. If it doesn't interfere with your work of course," Leeya pleads.

"Of course I will. Don't worry about my work, I can make sure my company runs by itself from here," I reassure her.

Excusing myself, I went back to Alexa's room to check on her. Seeing her fast asleep I smile at how beautiful she looks even in her sleep.

I sat at the edge of her bed, Feeling pissed at myself,running my hands through my already messy hair. How could I let this happen to her? I made sure to keep tabs on her, even though we separated. How did it slip my mind that all these time, Stephan Grant was abusing my girl?!

I saw that Alexa is starting to stir awake. She is whimpering in her sleep. I sigh sitting on the other side of the bed beside her. Everytime she cries herself to sleep, she would whimper in her sleep.

But this whimpering is different, its one of pain. Before I knew it, she starts quivering and curling her small body. She's having a nightmare.

Once I realize she's having a nightmare, I gently shook her awake.

ALEXA'S POV

Suddenly, out of nowhere Stephan shouts in anger. He moves towards me looking like he is about to attack me. What the..? Now, I'm terrified.

"Stephan? What are you doing?" I tremble.

Stephan's eyes are cold and demeaning. "Ever since you got here every single thing in my life has been messed up. My work, my love life. Now, my father. You bitch!" he shouts at me.

*thump*

I am thrown against the wall. I groan in agony, feeling like every single bone in my body is crushed. My helpless body falls to the cold marble floor. Help!