Chapter 9

Eliana's POV

 “What happened?” the queen asked- or yelled- as she saw our state. We didn’t get the chance to change as the maid said we had to go straight away.

“Umm,” I started when Alexander spoke.

“She accidently fell in the fountain so I got in to help her,” he explained.

The queen opened her mouth ready to lecture us when a small voice spoke, “Prince Alexander,” the girl said with a curtesy.

She had shoulder length blonde hair, bright blue eyes and a fair complextion. She was a bit shorter than me but she looked like an adorable little doll.

“Princess Melissa, always a pleasure to see you,” Alexander said to her smiling gently before they both started laughing making me confused.

“How are you Xandy?” she asked hugging him.

“I’m great,” he replied grinning.

“Eliana,” the queen called and I turned to her, “Meet Princess Melissa. She is the other girl from the peace treaty,” she explained.

So, that’s the other girl?

At least now I’m sure I won’t be getting picked.

“Nice to meet you,” I said extending my hand for her to shake it.

She smiled at me and grabbed my hand- a bit too strongly- and shook it, “Likewise.”

Then she let go of my hand and turned back to Alexander, “So, same room as always?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he said smiling.

“I’ll send a maid to bring your things to your room,” the queen said smiling at her then turned to me her face turning changing into a stern look, “And you, change and go to the ballroom to meet with your dancing instructor.”

“Yes, your majesty.” I said looking down.

I curtsied then turned to leave.

*~*~*~*

I was walking through the halls trying to find the ballroom based on memory.

I turned at a corner when I bumped into someone causing me to fall down.

“I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” questioned the person extending their hand to me.

I looked up and found Princess Melissa bending down and extending her hand towards me.

I took it muttering a, “Thank you,” when she released my hand making me fall again.

I looked up at her and she had her arms crossed looking down at me with a glare as if I was something nasty.

“Let me make myself clear; Alexander is mine and has always been. And unlike you I’m much more appropriate for the queen position so don’t even think there’s a small chance for you,” she said.

I let out a sigh getting up and fixing the creases on my dress before speaking, “I didn’t think I had a chance to begin with so he’s all yours.”

With that I turned and walked away.

‘I already knew I had absolutely no chance so why are her words bothering me?’ I asked myself feeling a bit upset.

I shook my head to get rid of that thought.

It’s just because she reminded me of how it had been.

Yeah.

That’s why.

“Is the door that beautiful,” A teasing voice said behind me startling me and bringing me back from my thoughts.