Chapter 17

Tiny A/N
Alexandra's name is now Alexia and she's 18

*~*~*~*

Eliana's POV

We soon reached the long staircase and Alexander went down a few steps to be ahead of me before turning, "Alright, come on."

"Don't keep your back to the stairs or you'll fall," I warned.

"Don't worry about me, it's more important that you don't fall," he replied and gestured for me to start moving.

Keeping my eyes on the stairs below me, I slowly moved my crutches down one step and stepped down, then repeated the process multiple times until I reached the end of the staircase.

"Alright, other way now," he said and I started my journey up the stairs.

We kept going up and down multiple times and I was starting to get the hang of it.

"Alright one last time down the stairs so we can go since it's dinner time," Alexander said stepping back down and keeping his hands in their usual stance ready to catch me if I fall.

"I think now I've got the hang of it, can you please keep your eyes on the stairs so you don't end up falling and having to work with one of these too?" I insisted, "One of us having a sprained ankle is enough and you need to move around way more than me."

"Eliana, I'm fine, I'm not going to fall down so calm down okay?" He said looking at me with that smile that makes it hard for me to argue with him.

"Okay," I said reluctantly with a small smile.

I looked ahead of me and moved my crutches down a step and moved my leg to go down.

Next thing I know I'm falling forward with a squeak, releasing my crutches and trying to stop my fall so I don't push Alexander before finding myself stopped by his arms wrapping around my waist and holding me, my hands placed on his chest involuntarily.

"I got you," he said softly, keeping me up straight again though his arms hadn't left my waist.

I was frozen.

My mouth opened and closed but no word left.

My heart was beating so fast I felt it might explode in my chest.

I couldn't even think straight.

I could barely register anything around us anymore all I could see was blue. Beautiful blue.

Maybe he couldn't either, because unknowing to both of us, a pair of heels was moving towards us but we couldn't even hear them. At least, I couldn't.

"Xandy?" The person called succeeding in snapping both of us out of it and for Alexander to loosen his grip on me though not completely letting go so I wouldn't fall.

"Hey Melissa, will you please help me get Eliana's crutches? She almost fell," he explained.

Of course.

That was the reason we were in that position to begin with.

What the hell was I thinking?

And, of course, he has to clarify to her, wouldn't want his future wife misunderstanding.

Okay, what the hell Eliana? You almost sound bitter. We already came to terms with this. I need to get a grip.