Chapter 15

Eliana's POV

I've been laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, for the past hour, or so, as I softly sung whatever came to mind.

I contemplated getting up and looking for something to do but decided against it as this was quite peaceful.

A knock came from outside the door and I sat up calling out, "Come in!"

The door opened, revealing Alexander holding two plates of food followed by Lisa who was holding a small table.

"Umm," I started a bit confused at what he's doing here as Lisa placed the table beside my bed and Alexander the plates on top.

"I've decided that it wouldn't be nice for you to be left to eat alone here so for the period of time that you can't step on your foot I shall be spending my meals here with you," He said with a grin.

"But-" I started but was cut off.

"No buts. I've spoken with my father and he agrees," he said as Lisa brought a chair and kept it for him to sit.

He thanked her and sat down.

"Dig in. I even asked them to add more broccoli for you since I notice you leave it till the end so I'm guessing you liked it a lot since I usually leave my favourite things until the end," he explained.

"Umm," I started contemplating whether I should break it to him or not.

I mean he was being very sweet by doing so, so it wouldn't be nice to tell him I disliked them and would wait till no one was looking to keep them in my tissue to give them to someone else who liked them, usually Lisa who quite enjoys them, since I didn't like throwing away food or looking like a baby who doesn't eat her vegetables.

"Yeah?" He asked.

I thought of a way to word it but decided to just say, "Thanks," and gave him a smile.

"You're very welcome," he replied with a smile.

I noticed Lisa waving her hand at the door behind Alexander and turned my attention to her and saw her signing to me to keep the broccoli for her to take later.

I shot her a grateful look and she grinned at me before excusing herself and leaving.

"Well, dig in," Alexander said as he started eating.

I followed his actions and soon we were both eating in silence.

Good.

It would really help if we wouldn't talk much.

I needed to control my heart and anything that comes out of his mouth just makes my heart go crazy.

I have to look out for myself since no one else would do it for me.

"So, how are you enjoying your steak?" He asked.

"It's good," I replied.

And once again we sunk back into an awkward silence.

We both continued eating until we finished.

When he wasn't looking I quickly kept the broccoli in a tissue and kept it in my drawer.

I started getting up when Alexander hopped off his chair quickly and rushed to me and gently pushed me back to sit on the bed.

"Now where are you going missy?" He asked putting his hands on his waist.

"I need to go wash my hands," I said trying to get up again but was once again pushed.

"Come on, Alexander, just let me go. It's not even a long distance," I argued.