Chapter 1

Eliana's POV

I was washing the dishes while everyone were laughing in the living room over some joke my cousin was telling them. I felt a tinge of jealousy as I couldn't be there having fun with them. Instead I was stuck doing the dishes.

I heard my sister's voice telling them about an award she got in school for some competition and all the relatives congratulating her.

I let out a sigh and continued with the washing. After I was finally done, I headed upstairs to my room since I was pretty sure it wouldn't matter to them. I even think that nobody would notice me being missing. It's not like they want my company anyway.

I opened my door to my room and entered. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling which was decorated with glow in the dark stickers. I remember putting them up there myself as I used to be scared of sleeping in the dark and they would distract me.

They seemed to move whenever I looked at them which helped me fall asleep easily. Either that or I listen to music till I slowly drift to sleep. I got under the covers and got my iPod turning on some music and laying down while I sang along quietly.

I wiped away a tear that had made its way down my cheek and slowly closed my eyes waiting for sleep to take over.

*~*~*~*~*

I woke up the next morning to my mom's yelling outside my door telling me to wake up and get ready for school. I got up and headed out of my room to the bathroom. As I was walking to the bathroom, I passed Delilah's room and saw my mom gently shaking her and whispering softly to wake her up.

'Gee mom, way to make me feel special on my birthday,' I thought but quickly shook my head. I will NOT cry on my birthday.

I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower while singing softly in hopes that nobody would hear me. Singing is my way to express myself and I don't exactly need anyone listening to me.

Soon I got out wrapping my self in a big, fluffy towel and headed to my room. I walked to my closet opening it and searching for an outfit to wear.

I choose a pair of black skinny jeans and a black, off shoulder frill top. I put on my clothes adding a black scarf around my neck. A lot of black may seem depressing but it's my favourite colour.

I curled my hair and put on some light pink lipgloss and eyeliner and I was ready to go. I wore my black converse shoes, grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs.

Time to put on my everyday act.

"Good morning!" I said in a cheerful tone.

"Morning," said my father not looking up from the magazine he's reading.

"Morning, sweetheart. Happy birthday," said my mom giving me a light kiss on the forehead.

"Oh yes, happy birthday," my father said.

"Thanks!" I replied, "So, are we doing anything today?" I asking in hopes that they had prepared something for my birthday.

"Actually sweetie, your sister is starring in a play and we're all going to see it," my mother said.

"Great!" I said with fake enthusiasm stopping myself from rolling my eyes, though what I really wanted to say was, 'Great, even on my birthday everything is about Delilah.'

"Good morning, everyone," said Delilah enthusiastically as she entered the kitchen and that was my cue to leave before I got stuck in the room with my parents speaking to Delilah like she is a prodigy child.

I walked out of the house and headed to my car which was parked beside Delilah's. The cars were both silver in colour and looked alike.

The only difference?