Dɪʟᴜᴄ ᴘᴛ.2

Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ɴᴇᴜᴛʀᴜᴀʟ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs!

WARNINGS ⚠️: physical touches, wine mentions, old gender roles

˚ʚ ˚.

diluc had given you one [1] week to think over the plan. you either agree to disagree or be his 'lover'.

while you were stressing and having a burden on your shoulders about rejecting or accepting. diluc was always near his wine business, making new drinks and well as serving them behind the bar.

you were anxious about rejecting, all of your thoughts jumbled up. your negative thoughts were like the following

'if i reject will be throw me out? will he want my head? is he going to poison me? i don't even know what poison tastes like!'

meanwhile the accepting part of you was thinking

'if i accept, i'll have a home, a big one! i won't be treated like an outcast. i can simply just live as "diluc's lover". all we need to do is act like a married couple in public!'

of course this went on until your last day, where you finally decided to go with your answer.

of course during that one [1] week, diluc always had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with you. two of you exchanging many interests and information you thought would be helpful to build a relationship if you agree.

at last it was time to give your answer

diluc was standing by your door, leaning on the wall "well? have you decided? if not i can always give you one [1] more week" he pushed himself off the wall.

nodding you mutter "I decided to agree".., but you were nervous. you were aware of social parties he needs to attend, counting the yearly ball too.

of course, you're always sealed away from society by your father, so you weren't comfortable around big crowds. always in a quite, empty space.

"i'm glad you accepted, do i need to know anything so i don't mess up something?" he sits down on a chair.. 'oh lord, the way he sits is so hot' your heart quickly says, fawning over diluc.

'get your head out the gutter, we got a problem!' your brain fights back, shoving your heart onto the ground. "um, i'm not really..comfortable with big crowds, so i would like to get used to them" you twiddled with your fingers, looking down in shame.

"alright, i can help you with that" diluc gets up with a soft grunt "but i need to do my work still, is it alright if i finish first?"

"oh yes! definitely! i don't mind waiting" you quickly nod your head, you would feel like a a toddler being bratty if you said no.

"thank you, [name]" nodding his head before opening your well his door, and stepping out the room to close the door.

sighing you flop back onto the big bed you got, it was soft and before you know it you're drifting off to sleep.

__________________

"your highness?" an unfamiliar voice called out, your highness? that's not you, you're from a duke family, how could you ever obtain the position to be in the royal family. it was a good joke.

a hand shook you "you need to wake up, his majesty diluc wants to see you"

slowly waking up with a grunt, you rub your face to realize you were drooling in your sleep... 'HOW MUCH MORE EMBARRASSING COULD YOU BE' you screamed at yourself.

"uh right, can i change first?" you wiped away your drool. "yes, but please hurry" the guard quickly left your room, closing the door behind him.

quickly washing your face and getting a change of clothes, you stumble out of your room. "please let me guide you" the same guard that was in you room was there.

you followed him through corridors, finally arriving outside, where there was a carriage waiting for..you're guessing diluc and you.

diluc was standing near the door, with his arms crossed, presumably waiting for you.

you walked up to diluc "may i ask where we are going?" titling your head slightly, he softly sighs and holds out his hand

"we're going to the center of the city, to help you be more comfortable." you take his hand, and go up onto the carriage, sitting down on the soft velvet seat.

diluc came on after you, sitting in the seat opposite of you. you nodded to his words, but you still were anxious.
_____________

the two of you finally arrived at the center, and as you look out of window you see many people of different social classes all walking around.

although some nobles gave dirty looks to the commoners, most nobles just ignored them..unless they became a 'problem'.

diluc stepped out first, swiftly turning his body to you and holding out his hand. many stares were at his back, I mean..his majesty? out in public? yeah there's no way.

you hesitated before taking his hand, coming down from the carriage onto the floor with the help of diluc, you were pondering if you should hold onto his arm or not.

"um, should i hold onto your arm, i mean for your image?" you inquired, which was awkward.. 'dear god, YOU DIDNT USE PROPER LANGUAGE' once again, you're screaming at yourself

"ah! my apologies, i spoke too causally.." you waved your hand in front of your chest.

"it's quite alright, i would prefer if you talked to me more causally than formally" he sighs and gives you his arm, which your hands wrap around.

(though it wouldn't be a big deal in modern times, it was a big deal back then)

"now, where would you like to go..?" he questions, not looking your direction, only in front of him.

"uh, i'm not too sure..i'm sorry" you bit your lip, you didn't know how to make conversation a lot since you were quite most of the time unless your sister came to talk to you.

"that's alright, we can go to this one place i know" he walks a bit slower as if he was asking if you agree or not. "i'm okay with that, your majesty" you nodded

"alright" he then resumed his normal strides, which eventually leads you to a tea shop, which looks small, not a lot people around.

it seemed comfortable, and you can smell the fragrance of lavender and wood.

________________

coming home to the castle, that would soon be your home, the sun was beginning to set as you and diluc got out of the carriage.

the two of you spent the the whole day out, going to shops, eating, chatting and overall it was fun. it also ceased your worries.

you were now more comfortable going out in public places..but you're still unwilling to go on your own.

"thank you, diluc, for taking me out" you smiled at him, he only nodded and took your hand to lead you to your room.

"once you're really comfortable, we're going to have to sleep together" he steers the topic of the conversation.

[since people are confused: sharing a bed as in two people sleeping in one giant bed, not sex guys 😰😭]

"ah..okay" you weren't sure when that was though, in 1 year or you could only get comfortable 15 years later.

˚ʚ ˚.

ahhhh once again i wrote too much, so we'll make a part 3 shawtys.

[1225 words]