Bᴇɴɴᴇᴛᴛ

Sʜᴇ/Tʜᴇʏ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs!

Sʜᴇ/Tʜᴇʏ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs!

WARNINGS ⚠️: mutual pinning, confession, insecurity, dad figure diluc <3, reader is from Liyue

˚ʚ ˚.

"[name]!" bennett yelled, gaining your attention. "bennett! hi!" you waved, guessing he was going to ask to go on another adventure. you wouldn't mind, but kissing him would be better...ahem.

"do you want to go to dawn winery with me?!" he semi-yells, excited to be with you. "of course, bennett! let me finish this first"

"okay!" he happily waits, kind of got too excited so he started skipping around..which led to him falling on his face and a semi-loud "ow"

you turn back and saw him in there ground, rubbing his nose and face, but mostly his nose. "are you alright bennett? no broken bones?" you held out your hand to him, "yeah, no broken bones luckily" he chuckles and takes your hand.

his hand is warm like us vision, you pulled him up, he stumbles a bit and it ends with your faces close together. "oh, sorry" he apologized to invading your personal space.

"it's fine bennett! if you wanted to kiss me, you can anytime" you wink at him and chuckle when his face gets red, again, just like his vision. you liked bennett, past the level of friendship, you weren't sure if he liked you too since he's always talking about adventure.

"um, are you done?" he smiles sheepishly, still flustered from your teasing. "hm, in a minute." you quickly try to cook the dish for sara so she can give it to traveler, and traveler can deliver.

you felt kind of bad, leaving all the work to the traveler, you wanted to help them but you had your own times too. sure you helped put up posters with amber and frequently seek out their counter part, but you wish you could do something more.

"here sara, i'll be off with bennett now!" you smile, handing her the dish. taking bennett's hand in yours and running outside of mondstats gate.

"are you sure that you want to come to dawn winery with me?" running across the bridge with bennett's hand laced with yours, scaring away the birds, truly seemed like something out of a romance book you've read.

"of course bennett!" he smiles, like he always does, sometimes you wished that some of his smiles were reserved for you only. you didn't want to come as selfish though, so you kept it hidden, it wasn't your place either. the two of weren't dating so you had no right.

"where ever you go, i'll go with you" those words that came out of your mouth, once again, seemed like some a romance book you read. you wish he held romantic feelings for you, but it was a bit hopeless.

every time you asked who he liked, he would always reply with "i like everyone!" which kind of made your confidence in love go down.

the trail to dawn winery was very nice, maybe a bit long, but conversing with bennett was always nice. "bennett, why are we going to dawn winery?" you ask, did he sign up for extra help around the winery?

"oh! master diluc said to come because he needs to give me something!" he enthusiastically replied "master diluc?! are you friends with master diluc!?" you were in awe, it was hard to converse with master diluc. especially with his aura which was always screaming "leave me alone" a few people actually converse freely with master diluc.

those few people are acting grandmaster jean, lisa, captain kaeya, and traveler. although captain kaeya is the one who converses the most with master diluc.

"um, i don't know if we are friends but that would be cool if master diluc considered me a friend!" he waves his hand around while he was talking, trying to explain it better with his hands.

arriving at the winery, the two of you walked towards the entrance where master diluc wasnt bar tending like usual. bennett knocking on the door before a distant "come in!" yelled out and bennett barged in.

"master diluc!" he says happily, running up to him, master diluc hesitated a bit before patting his head. seemed like a normal greeting he does for bennett.

"and who's this?" his voice wasn't like how it usually was, his tone was more soft and welcoming, like a warm source in a harsh snow storm.

"oh! this is [name], they're in my adventure team, and she's always with me! i really like her!" the last part seemed like he was confessing to you, but you knew that wasn't it.

"pleasure to meet you, master diluc" you bow respectfully, in liyue, it was a form of greeting and respect. "no need for formalities, and no need to bow for me" he places a hand on your shoulder.

you instantly nod, smiling up at him. "here, bennett, take this" he hands bennett a charm? you don't know since bennett's back was to you, and you don't to be rude, so you chose to stand a bit away from the two.

"oh wow! thank you so much master diluc, i love it so much!" bennett hugs master diluc tightly, master diluc stop for a bit before awkwardly patting bennett's back.

"let's go [name]!" he lets go of the hug and drags you out of the door with him. you wave a goodbye to master diluc before you shut the door.

"here!" bennett gives you a charm, it was a bracelet, and both his and yours were the same design. "oh thank you bennett!" you smile, slipping it on. it was really pretty.

"um, can you come with me?" he shyly asks, nodding he took you to a more empty space, where there were no prying eyes. "lean in a bit, please?" how could you not listen to bennett, you leaned in a bit to his request.

his lips come on contact with your cheek, it was really short but it made you super happy, your heart was very loud too. "...does that mean you like me?" it was a dumb question, but you needed reassurance so you knew he wasn't joking around.

he was covering his face with his hands, but you knew he was blushing since his ears weren't covered. "yes" the answer came out muffled, but due to the short distance, you knew the answer.

"pft, haha! i like you too!" you laugh and hug him tightly, the whole day seemed like a fantasy book, you were the main character and bennett was your love interest. it was truly a good day.

˚ʚ ˚.

recently: manjiro "mikey" sano just gives me butterflies
[1123 words]