Chapter 13 - An Unwanted visit

Anna woke up early in the morning and went to freshen up. She came out of her office and saw that the employees had started coming.

She stared down from the large french window at the city. Suddenly, she heard a knock, she turned around and saw Joy standing there with her breakfast.

She ordered a simple meal with two sandwiches, a smoothie and some fries. After eating she started working, because she had taken over just now, she had a lot of work to do.

Joy came in and reported that Anna had a meeting in five minutes. Anna drank a glass of water and got up to go the conference room.

She had given them some tasks related to the projects so she was going to review it today. All the employees were nervously staring at Anna as they presented their reports one by one.

Out of all the total twenty reports Anna only accepted five and the rest were given two days to change all the mistakes and submit the report.

As they continued, Anna's mood was getting worse and everyone was sweating profusely, when suddenly the door flung open and a blonde woman in white dress came in and started to shout in a pitiful voice, "Sister, why did you frame me by saying that I destroyed your dress? Where were you yesterday?!? Mom and Dad were so worried about you? You didn't even message us.... Don't worry if something wrong has happened just tell me... you know that we will always be there for you right?"

The woman was none other than Joannie. Yesterday when Anna did not return home everyone was very worried, they were going to contact the police but how could Joannie let that happen, she told her parents that Anna must be at the office and that she will go check on her.

And fortunately when she came she found that Anna was indeed in the office,she took the opportunity to humiliate Anna by saying that she spent the night somewhere else.

But little did she know that all the employees saw how Anna worked even when they left and how she came out of the office today with bags under her eyes, they also asked Joy and she told them that Anna was working the whole night and spent the night in the office.

So, when all of them looked at Joannie with disgust, she was confused.

When Anna looked at Joannie with her cold eyes she felt a chill down her spine and was suddenly frightened from Anna.

All the employees were looking at Joannie with pity as they knew that their boss's mood was already bad after the reports and yet this foolish woman came and framed her, who was apparently her sister.

But they also felt a sense of relief as Anna's anger would be faced towards that fool and not them.