Chapter 36 - Mystery Solved : Misunderstanding

(A/N: This ch is also in Anna's POV)

As the night was coming to an end, I was starting to be relieved thinking that I would leave soon. But right at that moment, I heard the sound of a chainsaw outside my window.

I took the lamp in my hand, didn't turn on the light and walked towards the door in light steps. I slowly opened the door as it slightly creaked.

I walked out to find that there was no one in the living room and it was only illuminated by the moonlight. The otherwise calming atmosphere at that moment felt extremely eerie and weird to me as my stomach churned in anxiousness.

I heard some noises from outside which sounded like a bunch of people. As I looked outside the window covered with white curtains, that looked like a major element of all the horror movies I had seen, I saw a scene that I could never imagine we'll neither would anyone in my situation.

The whole village had gathered around a large fire, as women knitted clothes and children played with the mud after rain. I could see men cutting tree barks for firewood with axe and some using chainsaws to cut material to rebuild some of the houses.

Trying to convince myself that it was just another trap for turning my guard down, I stopped looking and with my back against the wall, closed my eyes to calm down to be able to see the truth.

Just then, I heard the scream again and that too of the same female, I hurriedly looked outside as if to confirm all my doubts but what I saw made me realise just how mentally exhausted I was.

It was a little girl of about 5-6 years of age crying because her mother stopped her from playing too much in the mud.

I hit my head against the wall to think clearly and realised that all my past and me being overly sensitive and protective of myself had resulted in me being paranoid of almost everything new that ever came up to me.

My rebirth was a chance given to me to start a new chapter of my life but I had been so focused on changing everything that whenever I saw a situation I was nott familiar with from my last life, I panicked and made it worse.

I slowly went back to my assigned room, closed the door and kept the lamp back in its place. Then I sat on the bed with a plop as I felt a headache coming my way.

I could still hear the happy laughter that I earlier perceived as creepy and the warm atmosphere but somehow I felt detached from all of it as if a wall separated me from the world. Maybe it would've been better if I could just forget everything.

I sighed deeply and realised that even if I wanted to see a doctor or counselor there was no explanation for my weird behaviour, I could very much obviously not tell them about my rebirth and that was the very core problem.

Deciding to put all these matters in the back of my head, and take the rest that I was here for, I slowly laid down on the bed and closed my eyes.

******************

Helloooooo how are you guys doing🥰🥰
I finished my finals and now have a long vacation 🥂🥂🥂
how are youu guyssss🥲🥲🥲
I hope you're happy and healthy ❤️❤️❤️
Whatever you're doing don't forget you're the best😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘
Happy Reading 📖📖📗📚🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧