Chapter 30 - Friends Reunite

Anna woke up the next day, after sleeping like a baby, she was fully refreshed and ready to start the day.

After telling her secretary to cancel her meetings for the day, she started to get ready to meet her friends.

They had decided to meet in a cafe near the City Mall. Anna decided to wear a neutral blouse with some straight trousers and was ready to go.

She was filled with vigour and spirit at even the thought of seeing them again. Everything felt surreal ever since her rebirth. She felt grateful for the smallest things around her, as she thought of all her past sufferings.

After reaching the destination, she went into the cafe to see four young women talking and laughing. All their gazes had a slight look of hesitation as they saw her coming.

Although awkward at first, Anna walked towards them with a genuine smile that she was using for the first time in such a long time. As they saw her smile, the initial hesitation was all gone as the friends reunited.

Anna saw all four of them as the waves of nostalgia and deja vu kept hitting her. These were her friends from childhood : Stella, Cherry, Grace and Eva.

Stella was a blondie and obsessed with clothes since their childhood, she had to wear different clothes everyday or she would not go out.

She was also the social butterfly among them as she talked endlessly with her energetic personality.

She currently owned a multi media company but acted more as an employee rather than a boss as she complained about the work she had to do.

Cherry, had jet black hair and freckles around her nose. She was the quite one that maintained peace among them. She was also academically the most outstanding out of them.

She was now a principal but worked as a librarian which was quite ironic as none of the students knew that she was the real boss.

Then comes Grace, who had beautiful brown hair with forest green eyes.

She was like a coconut. She was very short tempered and easily irritated but once she gets to know you, she would be the most protective of you and defend you, even if you were in the wrong.

She was a tennis player and Anna had actually read a lot of articles about her in her past life about how she progressively continued to be successful.

At last but not the least, Eva was a brunette witha amber eyes. She was also very very childish. She was also the youngest one, so she was used to throwing tantrums around the close ones.

Among outsiders she was a a proud swan, who was charismatic and did not interact much. But totally opposite to that was her job, she was a model and a worldwide fashion influencer.

Seeing them waving towards her and warmly welcoming her, Anna remembered the pain and disappointment in their eyes when she had broken their friendship in her past.

In the past she had thought they were still pretending to be hurt and had stormed out of the room in rage, but now she understood that it was all a trap that she had willingly walked into. Remembering all this a sharp glint appeared in her eyes but soon disappeared so no one saw it.

She slightly shook her head and walked towards them with a gentle smile on her face.
They laughed and talked for hours as the time passed away. Without them knowing it was already six in the evening and the waitress reminded them that the cafe was closing in a few minutes.

Embarrassed, all of them awkwardly nodded and thanked her for the reminder. After quickly paying the bill, they silently went out of the cafe as if nothing had happened but burst out laughing when they reached the other street.

Their hearts and stomachs were satisfied as they walked around for a few more hours before returning to their homes... but not before they promised each other to meet more often.

*******

Hellooooo!!! How are you guys? I missed you and writing soo muchhh!!!! But I am having such a tight schedule nowadays, I don't have a choice. I still have my finals🥲 but anyways I hope you liked this chapter!!!
Happy 2022!!🥳🥳
How was your day? I hope you have a great day or night ahead and wish you all the best for whatever you are working on!! We can do this together you're not alone!!!!!!
At last, happy reading ❤️❤️❤️💞💞