Fluke - Prem

Fluke's panicking. It's his first day at school but his almost late. His about to lock the apartment that his renting when an old lady runs before him calling a someone, "Son, you forgot your wallet! Here's another 100, good luck on your first day".

He saw how the son smiles and the lady pat the head of the boy. Pain. He grew up in an orphanage. He never got a chance to have a family. He never have a chance what it felt to be taken care of.

His self pity is cut-off because of a phone call, "Fluke! I miss you, goodluck on your first day!", a sweet cheerful voice can be heard on the other side of the line.

"Thanks Pineare, I miss you, too. Be careful there, okay?", Fluke smiles finally before heading to the auditorium where the assembly for freshmen will be held.

He is nervous. The principal welcome him at asks him to have a speech as a representative since he top the entrace exam.

Fluke goes to the stage, gulps and said the speech that he prepares. He heard some screams and shouts.

"Aww, he is so tiny".

"Cute".

"I wonder if he is single".

He is in the middle of his speech when he saw a tall guy walking out of the auditorium. He glanced at the direction where the latter walks out and went back to his line.

"Hi, I'm Prem", the guy beside him introduce himself. Fluke look at the guy, he is not good with strangers but there's something with this guy than he is okay with.

"Fluke", he accept his hands. Fluke learned that he is the same year and same course as him. Eventually, they become friends.

They are currently under a tree eating, Prem is a heavy eater. He met Prem's boyfriend as well, Boun. There's something about them that feels familiar.

"Prem, do you believe in vampire?", Fluke asks all of the sudden. He panics when Prem coughs and choke on his food.

"I told you to slow down while eating", he said to Prem. Prem drink the bottled water that he had before looking at him.

"You surprised me with your question! That's why", Prem said before continue eating.

"So, do you?", Fluke asks again. Prem avert his eyes. Continue eating but stop when Fluke look sad.

"Yes, I am. Why?", he feel defeated. Prem always wonder why he can't resist Fluke. He already have a mate for Pete's sake.

"Really? I also believe them, I also know that they are not afraid walking under the sunlight like the books said. They are not afraid to garlic and they blend with human", Fluke said.

Prem chokes again after hearing those words. Fluke stands up and pat his friend's back when Prem's phone start to ring.

He went back to his place and continue to eat. He saw how Prem press the speaker and put down the phone while continue eating.

Fluke about to bite his sandwich when he heard the voice coming from Prem's phone, "Prem? Where the hell is your mate?".

Fluke confuse as to why Prem seems to panic and turn off the phone. He tilted his head to ask why but Prem answer him without asking a question, "That's Ohm Thitiwat, you know the son of the owner of the school. Uhh, Boun's bestfriend".

Fluke just nod, but his voice sounds familiar. It's like that he heard it before. The day end well, after school he went to his part time job and received a big tip as well. He plans to treat Prem tomorrow. He is his first friend.