Chapter 4: Departure

Rimuru had started melting right after he named Ranga. I was a bit worried, so I asked Grand Library about it.

"Confirmed. When naming a monster, the giver of the name gives a part of their magicules to the individual being named. Thus, naming too many monsters at once reduces one's magicules and when they run out, they regenerate over time or you die."

The answer worried me even more. For all I know, my friend could be dead. I can only hope he isn't and is regenerating his magicules.

When I woke up the next day and went outside, I was pretty shocked. All the Goblins had evolved. Well, I knew that's possible, but all of them evolving was shocking. 

"Oh, Lord Y/N. Good morning."

The one who spoke to me was a muscular and tall Goblin. 

"Who are you?!"

"It is me, Rigurd! Thanks to Lord Rimuru granting me a name, I have evolved from a Goblin to a Hobgoblin."

He was flexing his muscles while speaking.

"Oh. Understandable. Have a nice day."

No it's not. How can someone change that much just from getting a name? I guess that's how monsters work.

Nobody looked the same anymore. Except Gobta and his friends. They hadn't changed much. But their magicules had. Everyone's magicules had gone up by a lot.

Then I saw a wolf as big as one of the houses. I assumed he was Ranga.

"Is that you, Ranga?"

"Master Y/N! It is indeed I, Ranga!"

He was wiggling his tail. It caused a tornado. Or something like that.

"... Anyway, you got a lot bigger! But why are you calling me master too? I thought your master was Rimuru."

"Well, you see, we all decided that you two are the highest ranking in this village, making you both our masters."

"But I haven't even done anything yet."

"That doesn't matter. Only strength does. Survival of the fittest, right?"

"Hmm, I guess you're right."

"Where were you headed, Master Y/N?"

"Decided to see how everyone was doing and then going to see Rimuru."

"I see. Have a nice day, then."

"Same to you.

Apparently the male Goblins evolved into Hobgoblins while the females evolved into Goblinas. Both looked more human now. The Hobgoblins looked like the average male and the Goblinas looked like a bit higher than average females. Imagine losing in looks to a monster. 

I then made my way to where Rimuru was. Some Goblinas were there to take care of him. And they were probably the prettiest ones too. Lucky guy. 

"Hello. How's Rimuru doing?"

"Ah, Lord Y/N. Lord Rimuru still hasn't recovered fully. It seems like we need to wait some more."

"I see. Sucks. Wanted to talk with him. Guess I'll just wait then."

"Rest assured. We'll be taking care of him."

"Cool. Mind if I stay here?"

"No, not at all. make yourself at home."

"Thanks."

I sat near a wall just wondering how Rimuru was doing. The Goblina started wiping his body clean with a rag. Getting his body cleaned by someone as pretty as her... And with such a pack too... I'm a bit jealous.