Chapter 5: Paradise and Exile

We were in a jail cell. Why? Because we used self-defence. Well, I guess we did harm some innocents too.  Rimuru was being questioned right now.

"Well?"

"Uh, right! Actually... That's all."

"Well, since you were a slime and goblin, they probably saw you as easy targets."

"Um, can I ask something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Why am I here too? I didn't do anything."

"Well, you were with them."

"So that's enough to get me arrested?"

"Yeah."

"Huh. I see."

"I was only trying to scare them away... I'm sorry for all the trouble!"

"Well, what you've said matches with the witness reports. Just this once, I'll let you three-"

"Captain! We've got trouble! There's an Armorsaurus in the mine!"

"What?! Where's the suppression force?"

"They're already en route, but Garm and his brothers were deep in the mine gathering magic ore, and they were badly hurt!"

"Do we have potions?"

"Not enough. We've allotted most of them for war preparations."

"Those guys are like brothers to me! W-We can't waste time! Start looking for potions!"

"Sir..."

"Gather all you can, whatever it takes!"

"Sir."

The captain turned around.

"Hey! Who gave you permission to leave the cell?!"

Rimuru had left the cell. He had filled the barrel full of his potion.

"Now, now, this isn't the time for that, is it? Look. You need that, don't you?"

"What's that?"

"Healing potion. The best kind around! You can drink it or apply it directly!"

"Huh?"

"Why not give it a try?"

"I can guarantee it works. I have seen it with my own eyes."

The captain thought for a moment. He started walking towards the barrel.

"Captain! You're going to trust the word of a monster?"

"We don't have time!"

He picked the barrel up after closing it.

"Let's go! You three, don't leave that cell until I come back!"

Rimuru came back to the cell after the two left.

"He seems like a good guy."

"Yeah, he does."

It had been some time since the two guards left. Rimuru got bored and started doing stuff with his threads. He had tied Gobta upside down from the ceiling and was now making all kind of shapes with the threads. I was watching him do them and he was pretty good at it. Maybe he could manipulate how they moved. At least that's what it seemed like. I was just sitting on the floor, trying to think of something to do. I then remembered what had happened in the village, just before Rimuru had awoken. I kinda wanted to do that again. It was relaxing. But I doubt he would let me. Is it worth it to ask? Well, does it hurt to ask? Sometimes. Could it hurt to ask about this? Possibly.