You are my Sunshine - Shuichi x Reader

spoilers my friends

songfic thingy, the song is called 'you are my sunshine' by 'Frank Iero and the Patience'

(y/n) takes the place of Kaede, I'm sorry Kaede fans, but we don't know her in here-

I love Kaede btw, nothing against her!

the end is what I like to think how Danganronpa V3 "ends"

Shuichi pov

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping

I dreamed I held you in my arms

But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken

Two days

In two days we'll all die

I don't want to die, I'm too young to die, and I have to get out of here so I can go back to my uncle, he needs my help.

So I bowed my head and cried

I sat up, resting my back against the wall and pulling my knees to my chest. I buried my face in my knees and cried.

Stupid, I can't even help anyone in here.

I'm really not worthy of being called the Ultimate Detective

Eventually I fell asleep due to the amount of energy and strength the crying took from me.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey

"Shuichi? Are you alright?"

My eyes fluttered open, seeing two faces looking at me.

One with shining (e/c) eyes, filled with worry, the other with purple eyes, a smirk on his face.

Kokichi Oma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader

"Yeah, how did you get in my room though-"

"Nishishi~ little (y/n) over here got worried and convinced me to pick your lock" Kokichi answered, motioning to (y/n).

I looked at them, "Why were you worried? It's not even morning yet"

"It's nearly time for lunch" they answered.

My mouth formed an 'OH' and I got up, "I'm sorry for making you worried, I'll be outside in a second" I said, while ushering the two out of my room.

I got dressed and went outside, walking to the dining hall with (y/n), Kokichi strolling off to go and find someone.

(y/n) was talking about their talent and how they got it, we had a happy chat, forgetting the time limit.

We entered the dining hall and helped Kirumi with preparing lunch.

They looked so happy while helping here, so carefree...

It made me forget the whole situation and put a small smile on my face.

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away

After lunch I explained my plan to them, and they agreed to help me with it.

"Hey (y/n), can I talk to ya?"

"Sure Kaito", they turned to me, "Shu could you get the things and bring them to Miu?"

I nodded and made my way to the warehouse.

I understand that they wouldn't like me at all.

Just a friend