Chapter 2: Bus Trip

Hello readers! How is your day going? These will be the exact seats where everyone will be seating for the bus ride. The italics will be the contents when he is dreaming. 

Today is the day of the training camp. I am still nervous. What if someone in the camp finds out? I need to be careful. No one needs to know about my secret and I need to keep it that way. I brought all of the things for the training camp. I put my sketchbook and an extra one just in case also my music book(Usually writing down the notes and lyrics on this book).

I was ready. I was at Karasuno High 10 minutes earlier than the designated time. Some people were actually surprised that I arrived this early. I just said I was excited for the training camp which is only half true. 

Each team member went on the bus. I was next to my best friend Nishinoya. During the trip, all of the members except me and Narita, who was across from me. Eventually, I was in a slumber. 

All of the gunshots and the sound of the ODM gear 

Repeated comrades deaths on the first day out of the cadet camp

Flashbacks of my dead family members 

The betrayal of Reiner, Annie, and Bertolt

The death of Marco 

Witnessing Armin burned alive during the return of Shinganshina 

Narita's POV

I was the only person awake on the trip. We were almost at our destination. I look all around but then to see Tanaka shaking and crying. Nishinoya started to wake up. When Nishinoya was finally fully awake to see his best friend Tanaka in the shape he is in now he started to panic. 

He didn't want to wake anyone up from their nap so he tried to wake up Tanaka quietly but to no avail. He had no choice but to scream Tanaka's name. Some people awoke from the sound and were startled. 

Daichi-san was about to scold Nishinoya until he saw the situation. He saw how desperate Nishinoya was trying to wake Tanaka up. Daichi-san grabbed a water bottle and walked to the back seat. The people who are awake are just seeing this unfold in front of their eyes. Daichi-san poured the water on Tanaka hoping it would wake him up. 

Tanaka's POV

I felt something cold on my body. I woke up instantly. Shit! They saw me in this state. This is bad. What excuse can I make in this situation? 

"Tanaka are you alright? You scared me."-Noya said in a worried tone 

"I am fine now. Thank you for waking me out Daichi-senpai."

"Your welcome Tanaka."-Daichi-senpai

"Tanaka what kind of nightmare did you have? You were shaking pretty badly and on top of that CRYING."-Noya said in a frantic tone

"My nightmare was about the team leaving me behind. I don't want to talk about the details." 

There was some truth behind it but not entirely. I can't let them know. Even if they did I bet they wouldn't believe a single word that would come out of my mouth. 

"We are NOT leaving you EVER Tanaka. Please don't think like that."-Noya 

"Thanks for worrying about me Noya but I am fine now I promise."

"Okay but tell me if something like that happens again. I am always here for you my best bro."-Noya

Coach Ukai POV

Was all of his nightmares this bad? He did say he was having them but not to this extent. I might need to keep an eye on him. I am a coach and I need to make sure my team's mental health is in check. Is Tanaka hiding something or that just my imagination? I might be overthinking.