Chapter 16: The Big Reveal

Hello readers! How are you doing? I was catching up to school work. Watched Season 4 Part 2 Episode 1 for Attack on Titan. I am so hyped. The opening and ending are amazing. I am so glad people are still reading my work. Thank you so much. Just telling you again but dreams are always italized. 

Tanaka POV

I awoke from my slumber. I need to interrogate Kyoko if she has any knowledge of the 'past'. I quickened my pace as Kyoko came into view. I grabbed her shoulder to get her attention.

"May I speak to you in private?" I said with a stern and serious voice.

Karasuno was flabbergasted especially, Kyoko.

She stood up from her seat and marched toward the doorway. I hurried to catch up to her. I closed the door shut.

"This way."

She followed me until we reached the gymnasium. I closed the door behind me.

"I am going to be blunt with you Kyoko. Do you have your past memories of a strong lady named Mikasa Ackerman?"

Kyoko's expressionless face became dumbfounded. Was my intuition right after all?

"So I guess I wasn't the only one who had my past memories intact. I am guessing you are Connie then."-Kyoko

"Yes, I am. Well, that was anticlimactic."

"Sure was. You beat me right to it. I already knew that you were Connie after you sang those two songs."

"You listened to those songs yesterday. Oh my god, that is so embarrassing." I said while blushing.

"I didn't know you were a good singer and had so many hobbies."-Kyoko

"Yeah, same. Until Jean and Sasha taught me it."

"I miss Eren, Armin, and the others."-Kyoko

"Same especially Jean and Sasha."

We were about to keep discussing until the others intervene. Karasuno went to greet Kyoko and me. Apparently, Kyoko doesn't give a shit about our identities and asked me something that everyone was not ready for.

"Tanaka do you want to do hand-to-hand combat training as a warm-up before you play volleyball?"-Kyoko said with enthusiasm that she wasn't the only one who remembers the past. 

"Fine. But this time I am going to beat you. Should we get the mats ready or outside?" 

I said also happy that I wasn't alone with these memories but also felt sadness for her because she also bears the burden of knowing. 

Kyoko was already at the door waiting for me. I shake my head to get the negative thoughts for now. I run with happiness even if I might get my ass beaten. 

We went to where we had our hot pot yesterday. Both of us maintained our distance while in a fighting stance. I looked at my target while taking a big breath. I have never taken down Mikasa before so this time I want to win. 

I start doing light jumps waiting for her to strike at me. Kyoko smirks. Her confidence seeps in. Of course, because she has the upper hand. That doesn't mean I didn't train. 

She launched towards me. I see that her punch is a faint. She twists her hip to add more strength toward her kick. I take the blow. The pain comes right after. I saw an opening and aimed my right punch right near the chin area. She stumbles. 

I took that moment to dash towards her place with both of my hands on her shoulders to give her a knee to her face. She blocks it with her hand. She was about to jab my stomach while I jump back and reposition myself.