Chapter 9: Realization

Hello readers! It has been a while. I am starting another book. It will be called Kirishima's Multiverse. Check it when you have the time. I love the art but it doesn't belong to me. Thank you for your time. 

Tanaka POV

I slept pretty well. That medicine helps with my insomnia. Maybe I should take medicine but I absolutely hate medicine. I will think about it later. The Tree of Life has been on my mind for a while now and I think I know why it was in my dream. Well, I think I know. Apparently, I was being pretty loud so the others woke up. 

"Tanaka, what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare again? How is your fever?"-Oikawa

"I just realized something that's all. I still feel really tired to move. I think I need a day or two and I am back to play volleyball with the others."

"That is good to hear."-Kuroo smiled 

"Noya may you get my bag. I need it to confirm something."

"Yeah, sure I will go get it."-Noya

"Thank you."

Noya tiredly got up and lazily walked toward my bag. He grabbed it and dragged it to me. After he finished he laid back down while cutely hugging Kuroo. 

Kuroo smiled and played with Noya's hair. Noya nuzzled closer to Kuroo. While I was searching my sketchbook, Noya slept for the second time.  

I finally found the sketchbook. It was at the very bottom of all of the other stuff I packed. I took out the sketchbook and flipped to the page of Mikasa, Kenny, and Levi, who I drew recently.

I remembered what Eren said on the last day. He told me about the Ackerman bloodline. The King of Eldians feared the Ackermans because their memories couldn't be erased. The king was prosecuting the Ackermans for the knowledge they held. 

Does this mean that I am not the only person who might have memories of my past life? This doesn't add up though. I am not even an Ackerman. How can I remember? There has to be a reason. 

Can the person who holds the Founder Titan powers select who they want to remember? Even so, why would Eren pick me? I am a background character in his eyes. I am so confused. There must be something I am missing. 

I heard a loud clap in my ear. I was bewildered. 

"Tanaka are you alright.? You have been looking at the sketchbook for 20 minutes now. Is something wrong? Does it have to be with your realization?"-Oikawa said with a worried tone

"I am fine Oikawa. I was just lost in thought."

"By the way you are an amazing artist. Are these people important to you?"-Oikawa 

"Thank you, Oikawa. Yes, these are important people to me."

"Your welcome."-Oikawa

Thank goodness I packed extra notebooks. I took out the notebook and started writing every event in a detailed manner. Each page was packed with past events and knowledge. I wrote everything I could remember. Some pages have graphs of the family tree. Others have side drawings about the story of the Founding Titan. 

There are some parts I didn't remember so I made those blank for later. I was so invested in figuring out the true meaning behind my past memories I almost forgot about lunch. Kuroo already had brought all of our lunch. 

Kuroo said to the two of them that I shouldn't be disturbed after he saw the seriousness and determination on my face. The three of them did whatever they did while I was busy figuring the mystery. 

All four of us happily had lunch. I wondered if they are going back to their respected teams after all I am getting better. I should just ask. 

"Are you guys going to stay here until I fully recover?"

Kuroo, Oikawa, and Noya looked at each other and then looked at me as if I was said something stupid. 

"Yes, we are going to stay until you fully recover."-They all said in sync. 

"Don't worry. We will all work just as hard as you when we go back on the court."-Noya 

"Okay. I like your company anyway. I was just asking." 

"You better like our company."-Noya smiling almost blinding me. 

"How about we play a board game?"-Kuroo suggested 

"I like that idea. Let's not play monopoly though because that game just never ends."-Noya 

"I agree with Noya. How about we play the game of life? Also, let's also have card games so we don't get bored with the same game."-Oikawa 

"I agree. I know Kenma has board games and card games because sometimes he gets angry after playing the same level on his PSP."-Kuroo 

After Kuroo said he would go get them. The room was fairly silent. I went back to writing down everything while Kuroo was getting the games. 

After a good ten minutes, Kuroo came back with the games Oikawa suggested. We played the rest of the day. I loved how chaotic we were yelling at each other. I almost forgot that everyone is chaotic by nature which made all the games 10x more fun in my opinion. 

I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Maybe I should invite them during the two-day break. They know enough about me already. Besides I trust these three. 

All of us were exhausted after playing all of the games so we all slept together. I felt that I could sleep peacefully without the medicine this time. 

Sorry that I was a little short than the previous chapters. Thank you for reading my book. I am still a beginner when it comes to writing stories so I hope to improve.