Chapter 5: The Third Day of Camp

Hello Readers! How are you guys doing? I am doing fine. Just relaxing and happy that school is over. The italics are Tanaka's dreams. Well, I don't really anything else to say anymore so let's get into it. 

The third day of training is not that different from the second day except for the barbeque that everyone will be having for dinner. Everyone worked extra hard today. I was excited about the barbeque if I was being honest. It reminds me of the time all of the Scouts had a party before the event occurred in Shinganshina. 

I bet Sasha would have loved to live in this life. You can pretty much have meat any day you want. It wasn't like meat was a special meal anymore. I could imagine her eating all different kinds of foods. That sounds like a typical thing Sasha would do. 

Nishinoya is the closest person that reminds me of the bond between Sasha and me. He is like a brother to me. I want to tell him the truth but it is not that easy. The thing is I trust Nishinoya but I am just not ready. It would sound absurd that I remember my past life and how it is haunting me. 

During the practice matches, I was still distracted about the last night. I don't know if the Tree of Life was calling me or if I was dreaming about it. Thank goodness that I didn't show it. 

Out of the blue, the Coach called me out.

"Tanaka may I talk to you for a second." -Coach

"Yes, Coach."

I jogged to the Coach. 

"Is there something wrong Coach?" I asked

"Tanaka let's go to a more secluded area. I want to speak with you privately. Also, you are not in trouble so don't fret about it."

"Sure Coach. What do want to talk about anyway?"

"You will know after we move."

"Okay Coach."

The coach and I walked into my room and closed the door. I am so confused about what is actually happening. I probably shouldn't think too much about it. 

"I wanted to talk about your mental health Tanaka. Are you alright? I saw you on the bus shaking and crying from a nightmare then I saw you crying out of nowhere. Look I know this may not be my business but I generally care about you. You are just not a student to me. So if you are troubled and need help please tell me. I want to support you to the best of my ability."

I was so shocked. To be frank, I actually didn't he would care this much. It feels nice to feel loved but what should I say to the Coach. I don't want to lie but then again I don't want my secret to being exposed. I guess I should just give me half the truth for now.

"Coach thank you for worrying about my wellbeing but I am alright. Some of the nightmares I have been having are kinda traumatizing and graphic. I sometimes recall the nightmare the next day so I cried without noticing. I will push through it but if I need your help I will notify you immediately." 

I was going to say I promise at the end but I decided not to say it at the last minute. Why say promise when you don't intend to keep it. I felt guilty but it is necessary. 

The coach looked at me with relief. After hearing this, I was more determined to use a facade. I can't let them know. Coach gripped the door handle and pulled it. He then walked outside looking happy. I look at the phone's home screen to check the time. I still have time to take a shower and sketch Captian Levi before the barbeque. 

I took a quick shower and rushed right back to my room. I already thought of a song for Captian but I usually want to sketch before I compose not the other way around. I swiftly got my pencil, eraser, and sketchbook to start my sketch.