~Chapter 17~

A few hours later you moved to the kitchen, sitting on a bar stool strangely similar to those at Grillby's Club in the town square. In the kitchen, Papyrus shuffled in beautiful spirals, collecting and cooking in a beautiful fashion. Though maybe some of his ingredient choices seemed odd, he was obviously enjoying himself.

You struck up a conversation with him, explaining your disappearance with a white lie and soothing his rather astounding theories. "What if you had been stuck in a rock slide with no one to dig you out! One earthquake and you never know!" He hummed, making you laugh quietly.

"You're not wrong." You conceded.

From your perch you could see into the living room, receiving half a view of Frisk's talent. Amazingly, he'd only continued to improve since tumbling into this world with you.

Sans stood not to far from him, swaying gently as he talked to Frisk and the others. He never quite did more than sway, maybe because the music wasn't to his taste but that hadn't stopped him before. You could tell he wasn't as happy as he was presenting, not even close. He was still upset with you.

He looked up towards you as you examined him from afar, causing you to casually break your gaze and turn back to laughing at Papyrus' acts of insanity. It felt like he was still watching you though...

You tapped your finger against the countertop, responding on autopilot when Papyrus spoke but your thoughts wondering elsewhere. Sans was irritated with you, but you couldn't exactly pin when he became bitter. Immediately after you had sacrificed yourself so he wouldn't get hurt, he was scared and doting. When he brought you back he held you steady and helped you rest. Then not too late after Frisk had arrived.

Maybe he was mad the entire time? You had attempted to kill him. It would be fair no doubt. But it felt wrong thinking that, you didn't sense any anger in him when he'd first seen you were hurt, or really after. Maybe when you started deflecting, right before he left to get you bandages. His few moments away from you could've done it, when you were alone in his room.

Alone, in his room...

You stilled, the ghostly image of a hidden room suddenly resurfacing in your mind. It was weird you forgot so quickly, but somehow it had happened. Somehow, there was a secret chamber beyond Sans closet wall, and it was glowing. You knit your eyebrows as you thought about it, mind wandering to the the box of electronic parts you'd seen as well.

Thinking back, none of them seemed like any sort of music devices or phones, certainly not a turntable at the very least. That would make sense, or maybe a speaker setup even. But the tech be kept in secret was almost completely foreign to you. In fact, you could only think of one other place with even remotely familiar devices. Even though you hadn't been there long, they reminded you of Alphys' lab.

You resumed tapping on the counter, trying to dig deeper. Sans had definitely at some point acquired technology from Alphys' lab, or maybe he was given it. It wasn't any sort of music device for certain, so what use would he have for it? Sadly a glimpse at wires and a few blinking lights didn't give you much to go off of.

The clanking of plates made you jump, swallowing a gasp as Papyrus triumphantly turned to you. "And with that, (Y/N), you now know my super duper ultra secret-secret method on how to make any dish better with a bottle of glitter and two tablespoons of oregano!"

You stared at him for a second, almost buffering, before laughing quietly to yourself. "Your secret is safe with me." You assured him, thinking to yourself how you couldn't even recall more than 3 words he'd said to you.

He handed you several plates with a grin and asked you set the table while he prepared the food for serving. You nodded dutifully and stood, masking your wince with another chuckle. Papyrus, Alphys and Undyne didn't need to know you were hurt.