~Chapter 14~

You reacted instantly, shoving your palm upward against the shaft of her spear and knocking it away. You pushed Frisk back behind you and glowered at the monster before you. "Back off!" You barked, eyes set steadily as you prepared mentally to counter attack.

"W-Wait Undyne! D-Don't attack them!" Another voice begged, shortly followed by the appearance of a second monster. She wore a sweatband around her brow, another one with the word 'K-Pop' resting on her wrist. A loose tank top was draped over her torso. Her legs were covered by sweatpants. She seemed almost dinosaur like, her hunched posture making her seem even shorter. Yellow lined her lizard skin and her beakish face peered at you through thinnly framed glasses. Her behavior made her seem anxious or scared. "Undyne! T-These are the people I w-was talking about! The humans!" She gushed, pointing excitedly.

Your brow furrowed in confusion as you looked from her to the taller of the two companions. She was a tall, blue-finned fish woman with jagged yellow teeth protruding from large lips. Her eyes were slit orbs of malice, the left of the two covered in an eye patch. Long red hair was tied up in a high ponytail. She wore a simple black crop top, her sports bra hanging out just enough to see. Sweatpants hung loosely from her affeminate hips. She returned your snarl as she reached upward and dislodged the spear you'd launched into the ceiling.

"No way Alphys. You said they were harmless! The tall one just attacked me for no reason! They're humans!"
The one you assumed to be Undyne looked past you in the vague direction of the guards. "Those idiots! Too busy denying the fact they're gay to do their damn jobs!"

"Undyne please! They've been here peacefully for a week." Alphys assured.

"Look." You butt in, not lowering your guard. "Fish lady, I attacked because I was provoked and my only purpose in life is protecting Frisk. If he's put in danger, I won't hesitate to act. We just need to get to the king and out of the Underground."

Undyne began to speak but Alphys beat her to the punch. "Come in!" She offered, voice breaking briefly. "Uh, well, I've been observing you for a while now. O-Originally I meant to watch for any q-questionable behavior and track you for Undyne. B-But I-I decided I didn't want you to get captured. I want to help you guys!"

Your eyes slid skeptically towards the fish and you subconsiously drew Frisk closer. "Based on her reaction, I'm guessing she's one of the monsters that want us dead." You said bitterly through your teeth.

Undyne returned the low snarl and Alphys stepped between you. "Undyne isn't that bad I promise! She's just really passionate about her job!"

"Her job of killing humans!" You retorted. "Look, it's nice you want to help but I'm not going to risk Frisk just so you can-"

Frisk silenced you with a rough tug on the sleeve and you looked at him. He motioned for you to relax but you felt waves of hatred rolling over you. Most of the time it was easy for you to keep your cool but it had been getting harder.

You growled and pulled your arm away. Looking at Alphys, you failed to smile as you spoke bluntly. "Look, the only reason I'm even here is because I'm determined to get my brother home. I'm not here to make friends. We just need to cut through your lab because the guards are blocking the elevators."

"Just as they were told to do. Why do you just assume that they're in the wrong?!" Undyne butt in.

"Back off Nemo! I wasn't talking to you!" You growled.

"(Y/N)!!!" Frisk snapped, speaking audibly for the first time in the situation. All eyes snapped on him as he glared at you. "Calm down! What is with you today?! You acting so... hostile..."

You winced at the word 'hostile' and sighed. "Ugh, I'm sorry Frisk." You grumbled. "I just-"

"Don't apologize to me! Apologize to them." He ordered, pointing viciously at Undyne and Alphys.