~Chapter 11~

Quiet blanketed the town, even the music of the club seeming distant and dim. You clutched tightly at Sans' jacket around you, eyes watching your feet as the snow crunched beneath your feet. Not a word rang between the two of you. You didn't feel awkward about what happened, but it felt nice to just let the world spin. Sometimes it was important to let the world be silent. 

Sans led the way before you, periodically looking back at you to make sure you were still there. The same smile still braved his face, but it seemed so much softer than before, so much more... understanding. Since you'd escaped, only Frisk had known the tale that forever taunted you beyond your mask of a grin. Telling Sans was such a large step, it was unfamiliar. It was one of the most daunting things you'd ever done. It was terrifying to say the least, but it was also the biggest relief you'd felt, other than finding Frisk was alright after falling into the entrance to the Underground. 

A faint smile stretched over your face. You were thankful he was willing to listen to you, even more so he didn't run away after he knew your secret. "Sans?" You called in a small voice, watching your feet as you walked. The house wasn't far, but you wanted to say this before you got back. 

He stopped, turning back towards you. "What's up (Y/N)?" Sans asked. 

"I wanted to ask you one more thing before we get home. A favor really..." 

"Sure, what is it that you need?" 

"I know I told you my entire story, about my mother and how everything flipped and all that... but can you not tell Frisk about it?" You asked, fingers entwined with one another. 

He raised a brow as he looked at you, confused by the request. "What do you mean? Wasn't he there when all of it happened?" 

You sighed gently, avoiding eye contact. "He was there when we escaped, yes, but he doesn't know about how broken I was by that... He saw how scared I was when we first met, but when we escaped, he only ever saw me as numb to it past then. I haven't talked about it much since then. I've been more focused on providing for Frisk rather than dwelling on my own troubles." 

"Oh... so you're trying to spare him the worry by covering it up?" Sans pondered. 

You laughed heavily, rubbing the back of your neck as you covered your face. "You make me sound worse than I am." 

He laughed, looking at you with a gentle gaze. Placing a hand on your head, he patted you as he turned back. "Don't worry. I won't mention it to the kid." His smile fell slightly as he looked back at you. "But try not to keep it all pent up... it's not exactly good for you." 

"Heh, I've heard that before. I'll... try." 

Sans chuckled, starting again towards the house. "Well, it's a start at least." 

You smiled gently, following close behind him. "Thanks... Sans." 

As you approached the door, there was silence and dark behind exterior. As you walked in, the chaotic noise of a sleepover in progress had dissolved into the gentle snores that echoed through Papyrus' door. It was peaceful. Eyes searching the walls, you located a clock and read it's time. A snicker fell from you. "You broke your promise Sans." You chimed. 

"Huh? What promise?" 

"It's 3:28. You told Papyrus you'd be back before 2 A.M. when we left." 

Sans paused for a moment in the doorway of the kitchen, thinking. He laughed, looking back at you. "Well, at least he isn't awake to nag us about it. I won't say anything if you don't." 

You laughed quietly, muffling it with your hand so not to wake your nearby friends. "Yeah I didn't plan on that anytime soon."

You sat on the couch, lowering the volume of the television as you flipped through the channels. A few late night shows and news reports later, you turned on some random channel and zoned out, resting your head in your palm. You mind wondered aimlessly as the news droned on uselessly. Your eyes felt heavy at the weight of sleep, causing you to yawn.