~Chapter 6~

Sans walked ahead of you with Frisk at his side. Papyrus was long gone, having darted ahead after the puzzle mishap. You curled your arms around yourself and shuddered. The cold didn't bother you, but you didn't feel like yourself. Something ominous was looming over you, but you couldn't pin it. Your new friends seemed trustworthy enough. Even if they seemed to have secrets you would had respected them. After all, that wasn't exactly something you had room to judge upon.

Shaking your head, you knocked your forehead a few times and took a breath. Closing your eyes, you transmitted good thoughts.

Everything is fine! You just got to Snowdin and you've already met some new friends. They'll help you. You'll be safe! Frisk will be happy. You'll all escape and live happily ever after after fighting Asriel.

Wait... fighting Asriel?!

Your eyes snapped open as you ran into a certain skeleton monster. "Wow there Miss Swift! You trying to knock me over?" He teased.

Just as the name had appeared, it was gone. With brow furrowed, you shook your head. "Sorry Sans, I guess I just surprised myself. I can't even remember what startled me in the first place."

He chuckled. "Well, if you're done dreaming how about you join Frisk and I for some Grillby's? You've got to be hungry after all those puzzles."

As if cued by an all-seeing author with a grudge against walls, your stomach growled. You laughed and nodded. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

He took your hand fearlessly and led you as you made your way to the bar and grill, Grillby's. Frisk jumped up on to a bar seat and Sans took the seat next to him. You sat on Frisk's other side just as a hot-headed elemental shimmied his way in front of you.

He offered a warm smile and nodded towards me and Frisk. "Welcome to Grillby's! My name is Grillby and if you couldn't tell already, I dance the Tango. I believe you two are knew here?" He inquired.

With a quiet snicker, Frisk nodded. "Yep! My name is Frisk and I do Ballet. This is (Y/N), and her dance is a secret."

Grillby smirked and nodded. "I'm gonna take a guess you're with Sans?"

You nodded and he sighed. "On the tab again..."

"Two orders of burg and a bottle of ketchup please!" Sans ordered.

Grillby retreated to the back leaving the three of us alone once again. You circled your finger on the grain of the wooden bar top. Frisk and Sans seemed a lot more comfortable than you'd expect, being in a new world and all. Thoughts swam around in your head, confusing you more and more.

Frisk elbowed you in the side and you shot up. "Yes?" You said, half-mindedly.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted ketchup." He said innocently.

You glanced at the bottle and shook your head. "Sorry. Not really interested."

He shrugged and tipped the bottle over his own plate. The cap toppled off dumping a fountain of condiment over his food. You held back a laugh as he froze at the sight of his 'ruined' food. Plucking a fry from you plate, you skimmed ketchup from the top of his burger and popped the fry into your mouth.

"I thought something bad might happen." You teased. "Didn't expect it to be over ruined lunch."

He tried not to snicker through a pouted lip but you could see he found it just as humorous as you. Sans was chuckling on his other side. Taking the bottle from Frisk's hand, he tightened the cap and tipped his head back, chugging the contents.