twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

"THIS NEEDS TO STOP

"THIS NEEDS TO STOP."

He pulled his lips away from hers. His hands moving from their position on her waist to her hands that cupped his face and then pulling them away.

Diana stared up at Remus with a confused doe-eyed look. "What?" She said brows furrowed in confusion as their kiss had come to an abrupt end.

"I shouldn't have done that." His hands dropped Diana's and they fell to her side, just as rejected as the rest of her felt. "It was a mistake."

He was running his hand through his hair nervously, almost seeming to peer around the room as if someone was about to appear out nowhere and catch them. His face looked guilty and ashamed.

"Are you serious?" Diana exclaimed angrily. "You can't just kiss me like that and then say it was a mistake."

She could still feel the reminiscence of his touch on her own. Her lips were red and swollen and the pit of her stomach an eruption of heat. She supposed she shouldn't have expected anything more from Remus, he had always been like this. Hesitant and worried about the consequences. Though this time Diana had thought he had finally overcome that, because that kiss had been a longtime coming.

"I'm your teacher." He hissed and Diana rolled her eyes at the same old excuse. "Yeah, I've heard that one before." She remarked, annoyed at the repetitiveness.

And then the same old sigh left Remus' lips and he finally looked at her properly again. "Right now I think it would be best if you left..."

Diana felt her stomach drop. "And then what?" She asked. Things could hardly be normal again. Though no words were shared, the kiss had been the admittance of their feelings towards one another.

"I don't know." He answered. "I need time to think."

He looked away from her, unable to meet her gaze in shame and that was the only answer Diana needed. "Whatever." She mumbled in anger. "I'll leave you to think alone, but like I told you before, I'm not some silly girl with a stupid crush on her Professor, and I won't be here waiting around for you."

So she stormed out the office, heart and lips equally exposed.

.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.

"Diana?"

Olivia sat crossed-leg on her bed, watching Diana who had been staring into space for a number of minutes, and working to get her attention. "I think that owl is knocking for you."

Diana then heard the tapping on the dorm window behind her and leant over her bed headboard to open it and collect the letter from the beak of the owl. Her name was written on the front and she recognised the messy handwriting immediately.