two

CHAPTER TWO

WHEN DIANA AWOKE THE NEXT MORNING SHE WAS THE ONLY FIGURE IN THE BED

WHEN DIANA AWOKE THE NEXT MORNING SHE WAS THE ONLY FIGURE IN THE BED. The gentleman from the night before had left shortly after their encounter. Not out of disrespect or bad manners, just circumstance. He had somewhere important to be early the next day and couldn't be late. Sometimes that was just how those things went. Though it was important to note it wasn't a habit, or even a usual occurrence, for Diana to leave with a man or woman she had just met, but the events leading up to that night had left her more than willing to do so.

And there was something about that man. Something she couldn't resist.

They had stumbled up the stone staircase of the Inn, barely able to keep their hands off one another as they eagerly made their way to Diana's room. By the time they had made it to the bed, they were practically half undressed. Every kiss had a raw intensity, breathing fast, hearts racing even faster. Both individuals were desperate to escape reality for pleasure if only for a couple of hours.

Now, Diana looked to her suitcase that sat at the foot of her bed, it's few contents scattered over the dusty floor. The remnants of last night still lingered but soon they were just to be another memory. She was due to catch the train in a few hours and barely had any of her belongings. No school books, no robes. In order to get them she would have to go back to the one place she dreaded. Home.

After she had showered and readied for the day, doing a quick spell to pack her stuff and fix up the room, Diana stepped out of the door dragging her suitcase behind her. It was there she unexpectedly bumped into none other than Harry Potter, taking them both by surprise.

"Oh," The boy gasped, pushing his round glasses up his nose and stumbling a few steps backwards. "I, um, I sh-"

Diana rolled her eyes, huffing under her breath as she brushed past the boy. She had no interest in watching the child stutter at her in embarrassment. Contrary to what you might think, Diana did not hate Harry Potter. She certainly didn't like him, but she didn't like anyone. Like most things, she simply did not care about him or his never-ending drama.

She marched down the grand stone staircase of the Inn and for the second time in only a matter of minutes once again came face to face with a scene she had not expected. Diana had been coming to the Leaky Cauldron for years and not once had she ever seen another student there before and yet on this eventful morning she was blinded by a swarm of ginger hair.

"What the fuck." She mumbled under her breath, taking in the view of almost the entire Weasley family excitedly passing round a newspaper between the hundreds of them.

She was about to slip away unnoticed when the pompous and hugely irritating face of Percy Weasley blocked her exit. She swore the boy's existence was just to spite her. Throughout her entire life of Hogwarts she had been unable to achieve anything of any entertainment without him ruining it. He was such a self-important goody-two-shoes and she hated it.