Chapter 14 // Confessions

I got inside and went straight to the bathroom. I decided that I deserved a hot bath, so I filled up my tub. I lit a few candles and dimmed the lights. Slowly, I got inside. The hot water engulfed my body. It felt amazing.

However, twenty minutes later I was interrupted by the doorbell. Annoyed, I got out of the bath and hauled on my housecoat. After all that had happened in those couple of days, I knew better than to not answer the door. Johnny could've been in trouble, Darry could've found out about Pony and Johnny being together, basically, a lot of things could go wrong.

I stumbled over to my door and opened it. I was met face to face with Cherry. I was also not dressed, my hair was wet, and I probably looked like a complete mess. I felt my face turn hot from embarrassment.

"Cherry! What are you doing here?" I asked, startled.

I guess she also wasn't expecting me to answer the door in just a housecoat because she immediately began apologizing and tried to find somewhere to look that wasn't directly on me.

"Hey, Audrey- Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize you weren't, you know-" she started.

"No, no, Cherry! It's fine! If I had a problem with this, I wouldn't have answered the door!" I said quickly. If anything, that whole situation was my fault for answering the door in the first place.

"You sure? I can leave and come back later-"

"No no! Come in, come in. It doesn't bother me at all!" I said, stepping to the side and letting her in. At first, she hesitated but then she decided on accepting my offer and walked inside. She sat on my couch while I sat on a chair across from her.

"Well, I just came by to, you know, apologize. I didn't mean to get in a big fight with Dally like that. It just- god, he really gets under my skin sometimes. But still, I'm sorry." She had this certain look in her eyes. It was a mixture of regret, sadness and something else that I couldn't put my finger on.

"Cherry, it's fine, really! I get it, Dal can be a bit of a jackass sometimes. I forgive you, okay?" I smiled and pushed my damp hair out of my face. "Want to stay for a bit? I never got to have a full conversation with you at the hospital." Then I realized that I still wasn't dressed. "Jeez, I forgot about this," I said as I pointed to my housecoat. "Mind waiting for like two minutes? I'll be right back!" And with that, I was in my room thinking about what I was going to wear. I wanted to look good for Cherry, but I also didn't want to take too long. In the end, I decided on a pair of overall shorts since it was finally summer. I had on a yellow striped shirt under that. My hair looked fine, since it was still a little bit damp I pulled it into a small, loose ponytail. I thought I looked decent enough, so I went back into my living room to meet back with Cherry.

"Alright, sorry about the wait. But, I'm ready now," I said as I flopped down on the couch that Cherry was on.

"Don't worry about the wait. It was worth it," said Cherry whilst smiling.

Wait, what? Was she flirting with me? Or was she being my friendly "Gal pal?" I assumed it was nothing, she probably just said that without thinking.

Nevertheless, the blushing started again. But that time, I embraced it instead of ignoring it like I normally did. "God, stop. You're making me blush again," I said in a joking manner.

"Alright, alright, sorry. I forgot your face doesn't like it when I compliment you." She giggled a little. That made me laugh.

"Oh, shut up," I joked. I really wanted to kiss her right then and there, but I knew she didn't like me back.