6.

Brooke's POV
My brothers and I sat and ate breakfast at table, like every other morning. I pushed my food around and thought about Dallas. 'What am I doing?..going out with the toughest good in Tulsa...without my brothers knowing. I don't know how I'm going to tell them' I thought.

"Y/n?..whatcha thinking about?" Soda asked as he ate a spoon full of cereal.

I shrugged as I did the same "nothing" I say. The rest of the morning went by normally.
————————————————
After school~
After passing a few socs and greasers here and there all day, I walked out of the school doors to be met with the fresh smell of freedom, of one may call.

I jog down the steps by myself, considering Pony and Johnny did the track together and Twobit had skipped today. Steve...well I don't know where he is. Speaking of, he popped up beside me.

"hey, Y/n" he greeted and slung an arm around me.

I smiled to him "Hey Steve, how's it going?" I ask.

He looked around the front of the school "Fucking socs are a pain in my ass" he states. I nod I'm agreement. That's just the way it is, Soc and Greasers will always be rivals.

Pony's POV
As Johnny and I are jogging around the track, I look to my left to see Brooke and Steve walking together as they head out. I farrow my brow.

"Hey man, wait up!" Johnny pants behind me.

I stop and let him catch up "sorry Johnny cakes" I apologize.

"It's alright man, just ain't as fast as you" he puts an arm on my shoulder as he huffs. I looked back to my left to see they had disappeared. I know my twin, and I know there's definitely something suspicious going on here, even if I'm the only one who sees it.

Brooke's POV
Steve and I continued to walk home, as we were now in greaser territory. "Hey Brooke?.." he asks as he stuffs his hands in his front pockets. I turn to Steve.

"Ya?" I reply. He stays silent for a moment.

"What's up with you and Dal?" He suddenly asks. I looked at him with confusion.

"Whatcha mean?" I play dumb. He tilts his head and gives me a sarcastic look.

"Ok, ok...so we may have something going on but so what?" I shrug.

He raises his eyebrow "so what!..Brooke, he's like 17 and your only 14" he points out. I roll my eyes.

"Look Steve, why do you even care?" I ask.

"Because your my best friends little sister" he says back.

Steve's POV
"Because your my best friends little sister" I lie. Truth is, I like Brooke...I mean, really like her. I've tried to push those thoughts away, but I just couldn't.

"It's non of your damn business, Steve!" She snapped.

"It is my business if your fucking Dallas!" I shot back.

"Shut up, Steve! You don't know what your talking about!" She yelled. Here we were, standing on the sidewalk as we fought.

"I know he's just gonna end up hurting ya!" I yelled back.

"You don't know that!" She replied.

"I do! And I don't wanna see you get hurt! You deserve so much better, Brooke!" I said. I immediately felt some regret wash over. I didn't want Brooke knowing I had feelings for her.

She stared in shock. I mentally slapped myself.
"Steve...do you like...like me?" She asks.

Brooke's POV
"Steve...do you like...like me?" I ask. I never in a million years thought Steve..Steve Randle would have feelings, especially for me.

"Ya, Brooke" he sighs "surprised you haven't picked up on that man...I have for a while" he said as he looked down at the pavement.

I didn't know what to do. I ran the rest of the way home, ignoring Steve's protests to stop.

When I got inside I ran straight to my room and shut the door. I ran my hands through my hair. 'What am I doing?' I thought to myself as I pace around. 'No..what am I gonna do?'