9.

Brooke's POV
Pony knows now. He knows that Steve and Dal both have a thing for me. Ever since I told him last night, he's kept his mouth shut, or so I know of. On the bright side, I was glad to have someone to talk to about it. On the other hand, I was always weary weather he was gonna tell someone, especially Johnny, considering their buddies.

I walked down the Tulsa streets, ignoring the occasional catcalls from hoods or other random strangers. Hoods..Dallas was a hood. I couldn't imagine him doing that. Maybe to other girls, but not to me.

As I'm walking around the corner, a large body bumped into mine. I looked up to see Tim Shepard of all people. Speaking of him and Dal, they were frenemies. One day, they would be joking about with each other, the next, they'd be getting arrested for brawling each other.

"So we meet again, Curtis" he says.

"I guess so" I shrug.

"Look, you've seen Curly around? Heard he got into some trouble" he looked around. "Stupid kid never uses his head" he muttered. Right then, he reminded me of Darry. How he's always saying that about Pony, sometimes even me.

"No, I haven't seen him since the party" I looked around.

"About that, Winston sure was pretty quick to drag you outta there" he says, almost questioning.

I didn't say anything but nod. I didn't know how he wanted me to answer that.

"Well I better get going" I say as I start to walk past him.

"See ya around" he winked at me before doing the same, heading the opposite way. Weird.
————————————————-
Later that night~
My brothers and I sat at the table as we ate diner. Tonight was the night Dal had basically blackmailed me to come to Bucks, where another party was being held.

"Why don't we have a family night, ya know, watch movies and eat junk tonight? It's Friday after all" Soda says randomly.

"Ya! Come on Darry, you got work off tomorrow" Pony turned towards Darry. This could be great for those two, they don't usually see eye to eye, lately anyways.

"Sure little buddy" Darry replied before looking towards me "Brooke?" He asked.

"Uh well..I was actually gonna go out with some friends tonight" I say.

"Who?" Darry questions. I honestly don't really have any friends other then the gang and my brothers. I know.

"Just some friends from school" I shrug. Pony gives me a weird glance.

"Okay..we'll be back before 10. And I mean 10" Darry says sternly. I nod and smush my fork into more spaghetti.
——————————————-
I head out the door after giving each of my brothers a kiss on the cheek. They think I'm going to meet friends, while I'm at bucks..with Dallas of all people.

I walked down the sidewalk until I made it to Buck's. I was hoping it wasn't as crowded as last time.

I walked through Buck's door and to my surprise, their wasn't anybody here? I saw Dal jogging down Buck's steps. He saw me and smiled as he walked over.

"So..where's the party?" I look around.

He chuckles "ya about that...change of plans. Curly Shepard got arrested, so Tim didn't wanna come, which sucks because he was the one hosting, man" he explains.

I nod and twist my lips. "Come on" He says as he guides me back out the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we hop in his car.

"You'll see, babe" he shuts his door and starts the car. This boy...
——————————————————-
We ended up pulling into the Dingo. Dal got out before opening my door as well for me.

"What a gentlemen" I smirk.

"Only for you"

We walked inside and took a seat at a booth. "So what are ya thinking?" He asks as he taps his knuckles on the table.

"Uh..can I get a coke and a fry?" I say to the waiter. She nods and writes it down, then turns to Dal.

"I'll get the same but with a burger" he says. He writes it down before skating away on roller skates.

"What?.." I ask, noticing Dal wouldn't stop staring at me. I was beginning to feel insecure.

"Nothing" he smirks and looks away.

It wasn't long before the waiter came back with our food. We both dug in.

I looked around the dingo as I ate my fries and sipped my coke. Nothing new. Greasers here and there.

"So what are ya brothers doing tonight?" Dal pulled me outta my thoughts.

"Having a movie night" I remember Soda had suggested. He nods and takes another bite of his burger. It doesn't matter what this boy did, he'd still look cute.

I finished my fries and drink as I threw it in the trash. When I came back, I saw Dal about to take another bite of his burger. I snatched it quickly out of his hands "hey!" I took a big bite.

Dal just rolled his eyes. "I would have gotten your own" he says as he moves onto his fries.

"It's fine. I'm done anyways" I chuckle and hand his burger back.

"Me to" he wipes his hands. "I'll just pay and be right okay, k?" He looks to me.

"Okay" I smile as I walk out.

As I walk to the car, I felt a hand wrap around my arm as it pulled me to the side of the building. I was terrified.