16.

Soda's POV
I sat on the couch, waiting for Darry to come back. He probably went looking for Dallas, and I couldn't care less. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact my sister was sneaking around with not only Dallas, but my best friend.

Suddenly, Darry came through the door. "Find Winston?" I ask, sitting up.

"No" was all he said, walking into the kitchen.

Brooke's POV
Morning~
I walked out into the living room. The house had been rather quiet since yesterday. I haven't talked to any of my brothers, frequently because I thought they wouldn't want to talk to me.

I sat down at the table next to Soda, Darry was cooking breakfast, while Pony sat on the couch watching tv before school. Soda and I remained quiet.

After a quiet breakfast, Pony and I headed off for school.

As we walk, I talked to Pony. "Pony?" I ask.

"What's up?"

"Do you think Soda and Darry are mad at me?" I ask.

"No, Brooke. I don't think their mad at you. I think their more mad at Steve and Dal" he replied.

"Oh" was all I said.
———————————
"Mrs. Smith, can I go to the bathroom?" I raise my hand.

"Sure" was her only bitchy reply. I grabbed my bag and headed out the class. I wasn't going to the bathroom, I was gonna go try and find Dal. I had only hoped Darry or Soda hadn't gone after him.

As I'm walking down the hall, I take a turn around the corner, only to be bumped into someone. I grunt at the figure bumped into me. I look up to see the last person I wanted to, Steve.

I started to walk past him, only for him to pull me back. "What Steve?" I sigh.

"Look, Brooke I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tell Soda, he was just pestering me and I couldn't"-

"Save it, Steve" I put a hand up. "We're done" I look up at him. His mouth opens a gap, wanting to to speak but nothing came out.

"Brooke-please-I'm sorry, okay!?" I ignored him, continuing to walk out of school. I felt tears prick in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. I had no idea where to look for Dal first. I was guessing Buck's.

I walked through the doors of the old bar, Bucks. Not many people were there, considering it was noon after all.

"Hey, Curtis. What's brings ya around?" Buck asked from behind the counter.

"Dallas here?" I ask, looking around the place.

"Uh..ya actually, think he just got back an hour ago" he said, pointing up stairs. I nodded before heading up.

Not bothering to knock, I walked through his bedroom door. I saw him in the middle of putting on a shirt. "Dal" I said quietly, not wanting to scare him. He looked over at me, pulling the rest of his shirt down.

"Hey, Y/n what are you doing here?" He came closer to me.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay" I shrug.

"I'm fine...headed outta town yesterday for a bit, trying to avoid your brothers" he chuckled a-little.

"Dal.." I sat down on his bed. He looked at me weirdly, before taking a seat next to me. "What's up?" He furrowed his brow.

"I need to tell ya something" I look at him.

"Okay.."

I took a breath and started to explain "While you were in the cooler, Steve and I...we had a thing going"-I looked to him. He had a straight face-"He ended up telling Soda about us and about you and me"-

"Wait!..Randles the one who ratted us out?" He stood. I only nodded slowly.

"Dal, I don't want you to be mad at me, but I get it if you are. You have every right to be" I nod.

Suddenly, I was pulled up and into a kiss. I was quite surprised. Dal's hands found their way to my hips as he kissed me. Eventually he pulled away. "I ain't mad at you, Brooke...fucking Steve though" he gritted the last part, closing his eyes.

"It wasn't Steve's fault, I"-

"Yes it was! He damn well knew I had a thing going for you, then after he gets his hands on you, he has the nerve to tell your brother about our relationship" Dal shakes his head angrily. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Stay here if ya want..I'll be back" was all Dal said before leaving, not giving me a chance to say bye. I didn't know where he was going, but I had a good idea..and I didn't like it one bit.

Dal's POV
I stormed out of Buck's. I couldn't believe that fucker Randle. I knew this was bound to happen when I was locked up. I had two reasons to pissed at him right now. One, he fucking stole Brooke away from me while I was in the joint. Two, he went and babbled to Soda about Brooke and I.

I made it to the DX, looking for Steve. I spotted him the garage, working on a car as he looked for a tool. I stoped over to him, before pushing him hard enough for him to hit the ground.

"I know what you fucking did, Randle!" I kicked his side, causing him to groan in pain.

"Hey what the hell guys!?" Soda had appeared.

"Don't look at me" Steve groaned "he just came and hit me for no reason" Steve said. I shot a hard glare his way. I could just-

"I should knock both of your heads together for getting with my younger sister!" Soda boomed. Steve and I were quiet. He kinda had a point, ain't gonna lie. All Soda did was glare at us before walking back into the store.