five: thrill of the chase

when i get you alone by robin thicke

Maxime.

I thought about her constantly, she danced through my mind. And it was strange because it was only one dance. Who was she? No woman has ever reacted to me in that way, they usually throw themselves at me and I decline, but she was the one declining. It made me want her more, she would succumb to me.

I had my men search for her but it was hard to do since I had no name. So I waited, hoping I'd see her again, until I got a look through the files Camille left on my desk. As I went over the information sent by Dominique, I stumbled across the miraculous woman I met last night.

She was beautiful, even that would be an understatement. Her dark brown skin was smooth to look at and to touch, her smile brightened the room and her eyes. A small grin grew on my face as I read her name.

"Imogen" I whispered to myself.

I liked the way her name slid off my tongue. My thoughts interrupted as I picked up my phone at the sound of a ring.

"Sir the Zenith people are here, conference room 5" Camille said

"Merci, Camille" I hung up and stood from my chair.
[Translation: Thank you]

I walked out my office and people shushed as my eyes wandered the halls. It felt good knowing people were afraid of me, I took comfort knowing I had the upper hand. People would either bow at my feet or faint at my sight. Power was everything.

I entered a room full of people, familiar and unfamiliar, my eyes took a quick search of the room and my eyes were meant with those honey brown orbs. Imogen. I had to contain myself and hold back a smirk but my eyes pretty much said it all. I cleared my throat and quickly got to my chair.

As I went through the meeting, I kept averting my eyes towards the incredible woman on my right. I could tell she was shocked, overwhelmed even. She'd quickly shift her eyes whenever I looked at her. The meeting flew by fast, we discussed the plans for the event at my club as well as the fashion line/show a branch of my company was in charge of.

"Alright I will have the rest of the information sent out by the end of the week, dismissed." I let out a cough and gathered my files.

People started to leave, Imogen was the first to rush out, with the woman she was with at the bar behind her. I grinned at the impression that I made her nervous. The room was cleared and I saw a phone at the chair my lady sat at. I picked up the phone and made my way out the conference room, going towards the elevators in an attempt to catch her.

I felt someone crash into me, I looked down and saw Imogen stumble, as she bumped into me.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry, I wasn't looking so-" She rambled, I thought it was cute.

"You left this behind" I handed her the phone I found.

"Thank you" She tucked a fly away behind her ear. She started to walk away until she heard my next words.

"We have unfinished business, I haven't forgotten about that night and more importantly, our dance" I put my hands in my pockets and narrowed my eyes at her body language.

She rushed back to me and backed me into a corner, shushing me.

"Mr. Prince, I had no knowledge of who you were, we are merely strangers, having nothing to do with each other. Let's forget about it and move on" She breathed out

"Why so formal, chérie? Please, call me Maxime" I moved a hair out her face with my finger and caressed her cheek
[Translation: Honey or dear or sweetie]

I noticed her breath getting hitched, and her eyes looking at my lips, until she stepped back.

"It's Gen, and we don't have anything to talk about nor finish." She readjusted herself.

"Oh, mais nous le faisons, il ya beaucoup de choses que je voudrais discuter, et tellement plus que j'aimerais vous faire. And why would I shorten a beautiful name like yours chérie?" I chuckled as I rubbed my stubble
[Translation: Oh, but we do, there are a lot of things I would like to discuss, and so much more that I would like to do to you]

She shot her eyes up at me and narrowed them. I smirked at the sight.

"Tu ne pouvais pas me gérer" She smirked and walked away.
[Translation: You couldn't handle me]

My eyes widened at her response, taken aback I had no rebuttal. My eyes followed her and watched her smooth long legs, as she walked pretty. She didn't even look back at me, like she knew I was watching and didn't care. I walked to my office and picked up the phone, dialing the front desk.

"Camille, where are the models from Zenith staying?" I pressed speaker and spun in my chair.

"They are....settled at the Douillet, Sir" She responded after rapid typing sounds.

"Parfait, Merci Camille" I hung up and grabbed my computer.
[Translation: Perfect, thank you]

This was perfect, almost unreal, she was right under my nose at my hotel the whole time. I responded to emails and looked through the statistics my advisors sent to me. I took a couple calls and soon enough it I was the only one at the office.

I grabbed my keys and made my way to my Ferrari and drove to my hotel, checking into my penthouse. I threw my jacket on the leather couch and poured myself some scotch. I drank as I stared out the window.

I called the front desk and my receptionist Danielle answered, "Salut Danielle, I wanted to know what room Imogen Louis was in"

"One second sir...She is in suite 8B-11" She answered after a pregnant pause.

I muttered thank you and hung up. I walked to my kitchen and threw back the last of my drink. I left my house, and went towards the elevator. Pressing the number '8', I walked on to the floor after a quick trip.

I stumbled onto the door separating me from the woman of my dreams.

*Knock Knock*
*******

This one was kinda boring but I hoped you liked it.

If it was garbage just let me know, also what else did you think?

Do you guys like the song suggestions at the beginning??

LOVE YOU BABIES